Worlds Greatest "NEW" home security idea!

paulkish

old fart
I'm sort of a geek for automated lighting and home security camera's and my wife offered me the idea of putting sensors on the windows and doors.

Well i've been waiting for that exact opportunity to do it working it into my existing camera setup and lighting setup. My camera setup works out to I can walk around the house and turn on every light both inside and outside our home with one command, not even having to leave my easy chair or bed.

I hope it would eliminate any need for the Smith and Wesson alarm to kick in. But if it does not so be it. ... :)

Anyway here's my Worlds Greatest "NEW" home security idea.

Instead of putting the sensors on the inside of the windows, window frames and doors, I'M GOING TO PUT THEM ON THE OUTSIDE in plane and obvious sight.

Hopefully if a potential intruder sees them they will bypass the efforts needed after all lights and sirens go off, along with hopefully noticing there also on camera. The "Great Idea" is if they try to remove the easily accessible sensors, it will trigger the alarm system. And with the sensors outside in plane sight to any potential intruder we won't have to see them on the windows and doors.

Thinking more about it ain't it a DUMB idea to put alarm sensors anywhere other then outside?

Yes a very sophisticated intruder could place magnets on the sensors bypassing them but i'll have a small sign by each sensor for intruders who are able to read saying "Sensors are both inside and outside, so be very careful while working to avoid our secondary Smith and Wesson security system". ... :)

I'm sort of a geek for automated lighting and home security camera's and my wife offered me the idea of putting sensors on the windows and doors.

Well i've been waiting for that exact opportunity to do it working it into my existing camera setup and lighting setup. My camera setup works out to I can walk around the house and turn on every light both inside and outside our home with one command, not even having to leave my easy chair or bed.

I hope it would eliminate any need for the Smith and Wesson alarm to kick in. But if it does not so be it. ... :)

Anyway here's my Worlds Greatest "NEW" home security idea.

Instead of putting the sensors on the inside of the windows, window frames and doors, I'M GOING TO PUT THEM ON THE OUTSIDE in plane and obvious sight.

Hopefully if a potential intruder sees them they will bypass the efforts needed after all lights and sirens go off, along with hopefully noticing there also on camera. The "Great Idea" is if they try to remove the easily accessible sensors, it will trigger the alarm system. And with the sensors outside in plane sight to any potential intruder we won't have to see them on the windows and doors.

Thinking more about it ain't it a DUMB idea to put alarm sensors anywhere other then outside?

Yes a very sophisticated intruder could place magnets on the sensors bypassing them but i'll have a small sign by each sensor for intruders who are able to read saying "Sensors are both inside and outside, so be very careful while working to avoid our secondary Smith and Wesson security system". ... :)
My secondary security system is a 12 gauge semi with 3" magnums

Back