Worth Having Dyno/ Tune?

What Brian said about the value of Dyno testing is absolutely true "peace of mind." I dyno every engine I build for my own peace of mind. While I rarely find any significant issues, I am able to find any small issues that might frustrate someone at the track or cause someone to miss out on some track time. It is also good to have a baseline so when someone is having issues at the track, we can test the motor and identify or eliminate it as the source of the problem. I have many people blame an engine when the chassis has a significant issue.

OP, in our market, dynos are a comparative tool. You cant compare builder A's dyno numbers to builder B's unless they are sharing the same dyno. We use our dyno to compare engines to known good or to each other. We center ours at 10hp because its easy then to compare engines to see how they size up. But, we dont go advertising our engines based on peak hp. That would be careless and silly.
Exactly!!! I don't see any reputable tuners/builders advertising HP. Many of the top tuners have dynos that read above Briggs' rated numbers. Imagine trying to find small gains on a spec engine that reads 8HP. Now what if that that scale could be expanded to 12HP? It makes seeing small gains/changes easier. Customers on the other hand, even after being told that they can't compare numbers from different dynos, still try to compare or begin bragging about their numbers. I can understand why at least one prominent tuner doesn't give out a dyno sheet.

Back