Wow this is a first

rupp76

No Daytona chatter the day after the race, even the super bowl is in the top 10 threads yet, just an observation

Well Kyle Bush didn't .
Win ; nothing else to say .
Some one steeped on a cats tail during the singing .

One of the few that deserved to win got it done. Now that's rare. Congrats Ricky Spinhouse!! Seriously happy for him. He's a huge contributor to the sport

23 to 1st, best race of the weekend
download.jpeg

Both the Xfinity and Cup races this weekend at Daytona pretty much sucked. Both races were not decided on how fast the drivers were, but on how fast, or slow, NASCAR officials could throw a yellow flag!! Disgraceful!!

Now decided?

How about since 1979, since it's tv debut. Far from "now"

Welcome to Daytona.

Biggest race for a reason. Regardless of what everyone would change about it, it sold out...again...

Now decided?

How about since 1979, since it's tv debut. Far from "now"

Welcome to Daytona.

Biggest race for a reason. Regardless of what everyone would change about it, it sold out...again...
Sold out is subjective when corporations buy large blocks.
Plenty of empty seats, always has been, always will be

What I found to be very odd, and most disappointing was Kyle Larson is involved in a very comparable crash to the crash that took the life of Big E
and nothing no reports, nothing can't help but think that came from NASCAR because the guy's in the booth at the time for FOX had to have some concern. Did I miss something ?

Sold out is subjective when corporations buy large blocks.
Plenty of empty seats, always has been, always will be
I'm not debating the definition of Sold out with you xxx, sorry.

Anyone want to guess the number of great racers in NASCAR currently, that started out racing karts, and how many more are planning a NASCAR future, while supporting kart racing with all they have?

Yet here is the "largest karting forum" in the U.S. with not one nice thing to say about it.

I'll debate the importance of this all day, but we are too worried about what Sold out means I guess...

What I found to be very odd, and most disappointing was Kyle Larson is involved in a very comparable crash to the crash that took the life of Big E
and nothing no reports, nothing can't help but think that came from NASCAR because the guy's in the booth at the time for FOX had to have some concern. Did I miss something ?
Super weird. I'm still confused as to why Kurt Buschs career is over. So many more harder hits (it seems) and everyone is perfectly fine. Larson sounded off to me in the only interview I saw, but he did just race 500 miles..that was a huge impact for him and a few others. He said it was his hardest hit by far

There is something a miss with the current car where energy through the seat can be less at times but ends up with there body absorbing more, like Alex Bowman and Kurt Bush last year.

Crash effects are odd .
Soft wall , the hans type devices and maybe seat belt mounting , is scrutinized a little more . The roof flaps appear to have stopped the barrel rolls . Though it also seems too have created the pinball effect or at least exagerated it .

I'm not debating the definition of Sold out with you xxx, sorry.

Anyone want to guess the number of great racers in NASCAR currently, that started out racing karts, and how many more are planning a NASCAR future, while supporting kart racing with all they have?

Yet here is the "largest karting forum" in the U.S. with not one nice thing to say about it.

I'll debate the importance of this all day, but we are too worried about what Sold out means I guess...
Let us know when you make it to Napcar

With the older drivers, nearly all of them. However I noticed a long time ago, when asked in interviews where they got started racing, nearly all of them skipped right over karts and went straight to late models.

With the newer drivers, most of them start in quarter midgets, bandelero's, or about anything with a cage.

To me, Nascar lost most of it's appeal when they abandoned the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" approach.
Karting kind of did the same thing when it started trying to push the concept of keeping folks out of the motor, without realizing that doing so took a lot of economic viability from the sport. Where once there were many Mom and Pop kart shops in small towns all over the country (where people could get introduced to the sport), nearly all of those shops are long gone now, leaving newcomers to the whims of social media influencers. And many (or most) of them think that "motor builder" is a dirty word.

Super weird. I'm still confused as to why Kurt Buschs career is over. So many more harder hits (it seems) and everyone is perfectly fine. Larson sounded off to me in the only interview I saw, but he did just race 500 miles..that was a huge impact for him and a few others. He said it was his hardest hit by far

The energy dissipation is a problem with the Next Gen rear clip design. The amount of bracing and structure in the rear clip was so stiff, that any rear impacts were transferring all the energy to the seat and the driver. The 2023 rear clip design is a step in the right direction, however they can't just completely soften the rear clips to absorb more impact, because not only does it come with a cost, it also comes at the expense of the fuel cell being compromised by the trans axle in an impact. Creating a fire hazard isnt a solution to softening rear impacts.

Front end impacts were never really a question or concern. Lot more crush zone in the front end. The drivers even said that the bumping on short tracks or restarts were violent shots to the head when hit from behind.

Contrary to what people want to believe, NASCAR is thriving. It's just thriving in a different way. 25 years ago you didnt have social media, streaming, etc. Fan attendance may be down, but overall viewership is on the rise. There are alot more ways to watch NASCAR then just sitting in the stands for 3 hours. Charter value is at an all time high, sponsor portfolio diversity is more then it ever has been, and a whole lot more.

I will never understand why people want NASCAR to fail so badly. It is the #1 motorsports platform in the US. No one cares about sprint cars or latemodels, no matter how good the racing might be. NASCAR success = racing success.

The energy dissipation is a problem with the Next Gen rear clip design. The amount of bracing and structure in the rear clip was so stiff, that any rear impacts were transferring all the energy to the seat and the driver. The 2023 rear clip design is a step in the right direction, however they can't just completely soften the rear clips to absorb more impact, because not only does it come with a cost, it also comes at the expense of the fuel cell being compromised by the trans axle in an impact. Creating a fire hazard isnt a solution to softening rear impacts.

Front end impacts were never really a question or concern. Lot more crush zone in the front end. The drivers even said that the bumping on short tracks or restarts were violent shots to the head when hit from behind.

Contrary to what people want to believe, NASCAR is thriving. It's just thriving in a different way. 25 years ago you didnt have social media, streaming, etc. Fan attendance may be down, but overall viewership is on the rise. There are alot more ways to watch NASCAR then just sitting in the stands for 3 hours. Charter value is at an all time high, sponsor portfolio diversity is more then it ever has been, and a whole lot more.

I will never understand why people want NASCAR to fail so badly. It is the #1 motorsports platform in the US. No one cares about sprint cars or latemodels, no matter how good the racing might be. NASCAR success = racing success.
Lot's of times things people go out of there way to make it appear they dislike , is just a diversion !!

Back