Xpect seat placement

racer67

I am interested in a xpect but with the bar that you mount your seat struts on im not sure If I can get my left weight low enough. I weigh 195-200lb and have always had to put my seat up against the motor. The problem I have is by the pictures that would put my right seat strut where the bar is bolted to the chassis. Wanted to know if anyone has mounted a seat in one and it did or did not work out for left weight or other problems. Any advice would help. Thanks, Steven67

please don't take this to the bank, but its something to think about. When I talked to Jody in November he said that with larger racers he doesn't recommended using the bar. So I would call slack and ask them. I could have heard him wrong but its worth a call.

I'm 215lbs and ran the seat bar on both my 2013 axioms and my 2012 and never had a problem with left side weight being where I wanted it. N me personally I could feel how the weight was transferring better with the bar than without. But that's just me. Idk if the xpect chassis is gonna be any different as far as that is concerned tho

No problem man I had a lot of questions about the axiom and the xpect myself with being a heavier driver its definitely harder to get the weight where u want it with some chassis since we carry a lot of it on us lol. But like I said I've never had a problem and personally prefer the seat bar. Im excited to see how the xpect works this year especially since I went with the champ n decided to stay on the axiom flat kart for now

Just from experience with helping people of all sizes, the bigger you are the more left you run in the kart to keep it free. The more mass a person has the more weight they will transfer quicker, meaning you need to keep the kart freer than someone who is 150lbs. The bigger the driver is the more left side weight that person should have.

Back