Y are tracks not using these?

After a season of using the raceceivers at race 1 why are we not seeing tracks telling their racers they are going to be using them. I saw such an improvement in the kids classes with these. We spend thousands on going fast and then several thousand less on safety. I seriously think we need to start heading in this direction. Lets get it going now tracks. How bout it racers, what is your opinion? I liked them.

I agree Matt all tracks should use them. Not only for safety but also it keeps the shows moving right along.

I agree as well. It is nice to know where the wreck is and it helps get everyone lined back up instead of making several laps under caution.

I personally like to listen to myself think instead of having someone talking in my ear while on the track. And IMHO not all tracks need them, racers need to pay more attention to the flags, and what's happening in front of and around them.

I personally like to listen to myself think instead of having someone talking in my ear while on the track. And IMHO not all tracks need them, racers need to pay more attention to the flags, and what's happening in front of and around them.

Its not just about accidents, or flags.... some of things that the tower tells racers at our track is the lineup (saves a ton of time) .... or telling a lapped kart leaders are coming (hold your line) ....and yes cautions/black/red flags.... its not like (at least our track) the tower is taking on the radio the whole race, they are only used when needed.

When I was a head flagger I used a giant white board to write lineup on and held it out for drivers to see, usually started 2 laps later...backstretch flagger flipflopped anyone in the right row but wrong order. Raceceivers = unnecessary expense for racers and track....nice, but unneccesary.

I am all for it myself because with the kid classes anywhere we have been and had to use it the show has seemed to move along effortlessly esp getting karts in line after cautions. I know not everyone will be on board with the extra expense. I think promoters fear newer karters or teams just out to have fun will be discouraged or less willing to participate at their track. There are some people that will get there kids into this just as a hobby and may be financially stretched just to participate without such an expense.

I am all for it myself because with the kid classes anywhere we have been and had to use it the show has seemed to move along effortlessly esp getting karts in line after cautions. I know not everyone will be on board with the extra expense. I think promoters fear newer karters or teams just out to have fun will be discouraged or less willing to participate at their track. There are some people that will get there kids into this just as a hobby and may be financially stretched just to participate without such an expense.

Most tracks that require them have them available to rent usually for about $5

Sorry, but that 5 bucks pays for my fuel for the night. Stop the karts and send them away in the correct lineup. I'm like the post up above. Nice to have, not sure it's necessary.

I like it, specially for the kids! Really would help them to understand what is going on and what to do during cautions and realignment. JMO
In theory yes, lol. In practice, getting the kids where they are supposed to be during cautions and realignments still is a lot like hearding cats. We still see them end up stopping the whole pack and then sending them off one at a time in the correct order.

Stock cars use them....why not karts. I have to use the raceceiver in my B-Mod next year since I got rid of the karts. Liked using it in the pits at the races a few nights. Just helped figure out what was all going on.

If you have the RIGHT person at the mic of the transmitter there good, like Jeff say's If the racers would have them in place at pre-grid the line up could be given, caution or No Caution can be announced and location, line-up after caution, mechanical Black flag,
However if the guy in the mic try's to control to much with the receiver they don't work.

Most of the open races around these parts require them. All for it, I see the use for it. Especially for opens and kids. If the track requires them as others have said they are usually for rent somewhere. So newer karters don't have the expense right off. It's not a must, but neither are half the things most beginning karters are told they "need." These are more than safety oriented. Time and safety, they're relatively inexpensive if found used. $75 for mine.

If you have the RIGHT person at the mic of the transmitter there good, like Jeff say's If the racers would have them in place at pre-grid the line up could be given, caution or No Caution can be announced and location, line-up after caution, mechanical Black flag,
However if the guy in the mic try's to control to much with the receiver they don't work.

I agree Ken.

Whether you have them or not, you usually have a guy acting like an idiot arguing where he's supposed to be in the lineup that holds the show up anyways.

Its way too easy to cheat...You can use a cellphone, another device to skip channels...Its a PITA. When I raced Asphalt cars, you had to be darn good on a mic, and that never happen 85% of the time

I agree Ken.

Whether you have them or not, you usually have a guy acting like an idiot arguing where he's supposed to be in the lineup that holds the show up anyways.

+1 on both; some days they work and some they don't, and it all seems to depend on who's working the transmitter that day, especially with the kids.

Back