yamaha found this today it is?

ponytl

Was at a scooter junkyard today (yeah they have those) needed an exhaust for one of my sons projects... and I ran up on this... someone had built a bad A mini bike with a 12" rear kart tire... and this was from that...
It's a Yamaha Kart engine.. seems like I might have had one i never ran back in the 80s? the only number i found
7U5-050779 HAS A WALBRO carb, emmick no12 mount has compression and is painted metallic candy green and tangerine (not factory colors :) what is it... and does anyone need it

Yeah that's not factory, powder coat or paint.
Some engine builders will do that type of thing, like a trade mark.
My guess the PO done it

Of course I brought it home... I have no real use for it.. but I was not going to leave it... got the back story... it was on a custom built for Show minibike that the guy said was on the cover of some magazine in the 80's or 90's I don't need it... i have over a 100 motorcycles, and cars that fill my warehouse now... I'm not in need of more projects... I'm on a serious downsizing agenda this year... ( as i go to pick up another motorcycle today) I have had one fair offer on it from a vendor here (trade out) it is not locked up and looking in from the ports I see no reason why it would not run... I assume they were all single ring pistons? looking online I think it is worth more than the $250 I'd take for it

That would be a stout minibike.... Someone made a pocketbike with a JICA once...
254366660129485.jpg

The reality is everything has a value.
Real or imagined.
Much like the tire deal as soon as some one wants it the value goes up.
When we trade in a car it's virtually worthless.
Try to buy the same car it's invaluable.
A good used kt is worth in reality 250 dollars.
It could be worth more if it meet some pretty critical points.
Of course this is all just my take after all your veiw may be different.

Back