Yard kart jets

jake17j

I'm putting a hemi on a yard kart. Will I need to drill the jets if I put a filter adapter on it or not? Plan on leaving the tank on and stock muffler

Yes you will need to re jet it... Nr racing I think has a cheap kit that has everything...a/f adaptor, jets and the weenie pipe pretty cheap

If the tank and muffler stay, why not just leave the air filter assembly?
Do you feel the aftermarket filter will do a better job?

If you are doing this for your kids (depending on age) as being very young age, leave it bone stock so they won't hurt them selfs…jmo

If you are doing this for your kids (depending on age) as being very young age, leave it bone stock so they won't hurt them selfs…jmo

I agree ^^^.. I just put a Hemi on a friends yard kart he has for his daughters.. now he wants me to try to make the governor operate at a lower rpm.. LOL

This is for an adult and yes I do not like the piece of foam they call a filter that and it's a pain to work around to hook up the throttle.

I built a non hemi yard kart. This is what I used and it runs and pulls great.
After market intake and exhaust, remove the governor, use .20 low speed idle jet and .035 high speed main jet. Stock flywheel and stock timing key. Stock gas tank.

Back