Yard sale score today

LanexaSpeedway

Stopped at a yard sale today just on a whim, and ended up with a brand new in the red Briggs crate, Raptor II flathead. Model 135230.....I think is a dual bearing cool bore. Never fired, brand new. Even has the manual and recoil starter in the sealed plastic bag.

Is there a link that has all the spec differences between the different Raptor versions? Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but figured I'd do some research first. Pretty neat to have a 100% brand new flathead...

Thanks,
Kevin

All the raptors are the same spec other than a steel sleeve or cool bore, I've never seen a dual bearing raptor but a good find never the less, the bushing blocks are just as fast anyway. Jon

Stopped at a yard sale today just on a whim, and ended up with a brand new in the red Briggs crate, Raptor II flathead. Model 135230.....I think is a dual bearing cool bore. Never fired, brand new. Even has the manual and recoil starter in the sealed plastic bag.

Is there a link that has all the spec differences between the different Raptor versions? Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but figured I'd do some research first. Pretty neat to have a 100% brand new flathead...

Thanks,
Kevin

Nice !! Cost ??

And as much as I really like running my clones and GX200s on my backyard deal, there's just something about a nice new flathead that still has cool factor to me.

I have no idea what I am going to do with it, though.

The R2 had a cryogenic treated crank, valve guides installed on both sides, and Eaton style starter. So, not technically all the same. :)
However, the cryo crank was not well received as they wore out of round rather quickly, and engine builders typically replaced the stock valve guides anyway. It can always be sleeved and built up as a race flathead.
Still a great find! I'll buy it for slightly more than you gave for it. :)

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back