Yellow vega air pressures???

racerx59m

I'm running 8psi lefts and 6 right side!Trick Titlist 2018 model!Kart is great but just wondering if I started to high on air!Running coody creek and it's just shy of a 1/10 and Twister alley raceway which is alot bigger!Have ran good won heat and feature last time at coody but running twister the track is dry slick in heats which I have come off the back to 2nd but the feature twister really rubbers up!I wiped my tires before the feature there and don't think that I should have!Ran the same 8 and 6psi just looking for tips on ap!Ran Hoosiers last year and these vegas are way faster!!

I ran into problems with yellow Vegas on dusty tracks that turned out to be caused by using too coarse of a flap disc on my grinder. Seems is opened up pores in the tires too much and was getting fine dust packed into the tires. Changed from an 80 grit to a 150 grit flap wheel, got a smoother surface on the tires and was much better.

I ran into problems with yellow Vegas on dusty tracks that turned out to be caused by using too coarse of a flap disc on my grinder. Seems is opened up pores in the tires too much and was getting fine dust packed into the tires. Changed from an 80 grit to a 150 grit flap wheel, got a smoother surface on the tires and was much better.
I was using SST5 on yellow vegas and they really picked up the dust.

If it’s that dry and dusty I’d be running that same 6.5 or 7 psi on the rights but I’d be using diamond at the track and black sand during the week. And I run that same 80 and 120 grit cross hatch on my Vegas.

it was weird on vegas it was ready to go in a couple days. Way different than when i used it on big car tires. The vegas were really soft though.
They may need to sit a bit longer to loose the stickyness, may help keep dust off of the tire. I've found the rough cut diamond does a great job when the marbles and dust starts flying, you may wipe a coat of that the morning of the race.

They may need to sit a bit longer to loose the stickyness, may help keep dust off of the tire. I've found the rough cut diamond does a great job when the marbles and dust starts flying, you may wipe a coat of that the morning of the race.
Are you doing anything before going out? I switched to a little higher duro and maxxis this winter thinking I got my vegas too soft and was using SQS at track and we ran good but know its not intended for spring/summer really.

Back