Yellow vega prep/duro/psi questions

Found out why I lost turn in ( post #8) and i never replied here. So my psi gauge died and I was on 1 psi or so all the way around....Since I have been great but other karts are better. Finishes are consistently in the top 3-5 in the fast karts. Been running 4.5 psi and havent moved. A dry track is still very slick for me even with a good base of prep. My buddies kart is running vegas and had them soft, around 35 duro or so. They peeled on the edges but they are faster than me. Should I duro mine down some, say 40?

Yea, that would explain a lot! :)
On dry tracks, still close up your split, (even reverse if necessary,) less left side %, and you could raise the seat 1/2" to 1" to get your roll center higher to get the right side tires to get into the track more.
Vegas punching in the 30s is generally for a damp/wet track.
You should be fine on a Vega out of the wrapper duro (50-52) on a dry dusty track.
If you want to drop the duro, sure you can. Just watch that you don't soften them so much that they feather. A little graining is good, peeling is not good.

What do you guys think? To me this looks like graining/feathering.

Attachments

• 20190804_123909.jpg
    20190804_123909.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 20190804_124111.jpg
    20190804_124111.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 314
bumping someones old post to piggy back a question....

So we rarely get wear on our tires. The last race of the season we had what his tires look like but just on the inside edge of the RS tires. Anyone care to discuss? We ran second and were faster than the leader the last 3 or 4 laps just one lane.

Back