Yellow Vega question/ input needed

F1F21

So starting this coming winter series our track is finally allowing us to run slicks and I’m thinking I’m going to get a set coming and try my hand with them. I know ZERO about prepping kart tires but have years of experience with Hoosier asphalt tires and treating them. One thing we never did was internal prep and that’s my biggest question. I’ve read pages and pages on ‘beat prep’ and things like that but the part I need the help with is how to do it? So can anyone give me the ‘prepping for dummies’ type of quick guide on how to both internally and tread prep, time and how often? 🤷🏼‍♂️

We pretty much internally prep all of our Vegas.
Some tracks may require more aggressive internal. some may require none.
If there are still guys running treads, it'll make things considerably more difficult.

I'd start with 2 ounces of Pink Panther in the right sides, and 1 ounce in the lefts.
Wipe the outside with Monster Bite to get the duro down where you want them, then just use it as a PRW at the track.

We prefer to use thick right side Yellows and cut them, rather than using thin rubber, that way we can shape them for your application.

Give us a call at the shop during business hours if we can help further.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back