You all have a chance to get in on the start of something great !

paulkish

old fart
I was driving home tonight from the track in the rain with a lot of on coming traffic with only a dull double yellow line separating me and some other sad sole from disaster, when it struck.

Yes the idea struck not the pickup truck in the other lane thank my lucky stars.

Ain't it about time we reversed the colors of the lines marking our roads?

The dull double yellow line should be replaced with white lines. In fact all center lines to improve visibility should only be white. Double white line will mean the same as a double yellow line. Lets start a campaign to get rid of dull yellow road lines altogether.

Who's in?

Write your congressman senator and good president. Even the savings of only having to use white paint would be tremendous, likely eliminating our national debt.

Get in on it and the new campaign started right now to make all road lines white.

Which color line is most impactful under all conditions?

I suspect this is the driving force behind the color of the lines.

I also suspect we have more impactful things which need immediate consideration.

Research bridge conditions, most anywhere in the USA.

Consider the cost of grinding off the yellow to simply replace with white.
Or, the confusion created by both, during the transition.

It is not rocket science.

Last edited:
White only lines would be racist, a wall is the only answer. LOL
Around here they just use tape to make the lines, plus in poor weather conditions lines marked on the road are covered in white snow.
Where's the Beef?

I been on some of them Ohio back roads . What is needed is some reflective crystals in the paint . that's true about everywhere . Hard to see the yellow line at night . .the white line is always on the right that way you know your going the correct way . any change there would require retraining America , or some of it .

If the roads are snow covered you can't see the yellow line either.

Double white, dash white line or solid white with dash next to it to determine passing zone in the center would tell you where the center is.

Single white line would always be the edge of the road. Simplify it.

The wide white paint wasting lines on entries telling you to wait before merging left or wide solid white lane separations in construction zones would also simply become double white lines, saving paint.

The only reason it's not done that way now is because of paint lobbyist feeding money to their rich republican friends. ... :)

ok racingpromotor your turn. ... :)

Last edited:
Back