You Make the Call

jclewis

Kid leading Jr 3 blue plate race & leading in the points.
Kart “without” a plate takes him out during the race, & ultimately, costs the leader/points leader the championship.

What should the track do?

Nothing they can do now.

Kart wasn't legal. Nothing says a cheater kart can't be out there during the race... it just says a cheater kart will be DQ'd...
A stern chat with the family would probably suffice.

Man, you have some crazy situations today! lol what tracks are these?

We just faced a similar situation last week, my son has led points all year in Jr2. Pulls a bad pill and starts beside a kid that is very driver "challenged" and this kid spins him first lap allowing the 2nd in points kart to stretch out and win the race. We lost the points lead and could not make deficit up in 10 laps. I also think there are some in his class cheating quite blatantly but tech is so minimal and they usually run mid-pack or rear anyway because of poor handling.

One you probably don’t want to visit LOL

There was only like 2 races to go in the 9 race points series, and this act, which appeared intentional, as the family said as much, laughing about it after the race, cost the kid the points championship.

If u can’t beat m, cheat and wreck m so they can’t either!

Speaks volumes to character of the parent!!!

One you probably don’t want to visit LOL

There was only like 2 races to go in the 9 race points series, and this act, which appeared intentional, as the family said as much, laughing about it after the race, cost the kid the points championship.

If u can’t beat m, cheat and wreck m so they can’t either!

Speaks volumes to character of the parent!!!
SAD! Especially when its kids. A couple cold beers and I'd be inclined to start a lil something.... :)

Remember the spirit and intent rule. I am not there so I don't know the players, but I would suspend the kart without the plate indefinitely, if I thought what I just read was true.

Back