You Make the Call

Racing and being successful is and always has been about working in the "grey" areas and manipulating the rules. You're only cheating when you get caught! :) The highest levels of racing are cheating regularly Look at any given detailed post race inspection for NASCAR, INDY, F1 etc.

Racing and being successful is and always has been about working in the "grey" areas and manipulating the rules. You're only cheating when you get caught! :) The highest levels of racing are cheating regularly Look at any given detailed post race inspection for NASCAR, INDY, F1 etc.
so you are saying recapping a EL tire with I'm assuming HT3 tread is in the grey area? When the class has a specific tire rule that says EL tires not EL sidewall/HT3 tread tire? No you get the title of being a cheater when you get caught! Cheating is cheating, pushing grey area is pushing grey area! If its a written rule and you dont follow the rule it's cheating. But as someone said earlier big name racers dont care about what they do they still can walk away with $45,000

If the tire was remarked to look like an EL and it wasn't an EL, suspend them.
If they were running an EL carcass that had been recapped, that is a whole different deal.
The tire in the second scenario is an EL, just recapped. I say next year they have to clarify the rules better.

so you are saying recapping a EL tire with I'm assuming HT3 tread is in the grey area? When the class has a specific tire rule that says EL tires not EL sidewall/HT3 tread tire? No you get the title of being a cheater when you get caught! Cheating is cheating, pushing grey area is pushing grey area! If its a written rule and you dont follow the rule it's cheating. But as someone said earlier big name racers dont care about what they do they still can walk away with $45,000
Cheating IS cheating. Get caught cheating once and you will be forever known as a cheater. Not worth it in my book.

So let me ask, Have the big names only cheated once, or did they only get a little smack on the wrist and they come back for more of the honest mans money? What should the guys who try and do everything right do? Set back and deal with these big name people/upcoming big name people? Innovative is one thing I believe, butt down right cheating is another, I have no idea what process it takes to recap a tire but I'd say alot of work went into that! Its not just setting intake lift at retainer .238 and 5 races later its at .239-.240 when you get check and get tossed! Now I just opened another can of worms talking about engines! This was on tires and every where you read its all about TIRES TIRES TIRES,SETUP! haha sorry made myself laugh. Anyways what should the average person do really?
Recaps happen lots, Major Racing probably does them everyday.
When you get DQ for a $5000 race, id say thats more than just a slap on the wrist.
Youre right innovation is 1 thing, but isnt that really cheating in the overall scheme? Thats why it happens all the time and has been happening. Illegal set of tires, illegal mods to a muffler, shortened wheel base of a kart, modified 2 chamber fuel tank, etc., theres no difference IF youre caught, big difference in bringing home the money
As i said i dont condone this, but its happening.

Recaps happen lots, Major Racing probably does them everyday.
When you get DQ for a $5000 race, id say thats more than just a slap on the wrist.
Youre right innovation is 1 thing, but isnt that really cheating in the overall scheme? Thats why it happens all the time and has been happening. Illegal set of tires, illegal mods to a muffler, shortened wheel base of a kart, modified 2 chamber fuel tank, etc., theres no difference IF youre caught, big difference in bringing home the money
As i said i dont condone this, but its happening.
Sorry I was under the impression that you said they win $50,000 then dq from $5,000 the big name was still happy! maybe I just read it wrong. Now the modified 2 chamber fuel tank is innovative, but what you choose to do with it is another thing! And I'm glad you don't condone this.

Back