You Make the Call

jclewis

Kart competes & wins numerous races in a EL points & pro classes. In the last points race, said kart was caught using rebranded HT3‘s made to look like EL’s.

What should the track officials do?

Last edited:
He's screening on his own orange Maxxis logo?

Not sure what the duro is on the EL's. But I'm sure there's some way to tell the difference in compound without going crazy.

Otherwise, Revoke all points up to that race and a ban for the rest of the season. IF big IF you can prove it.

If you got a way to prove that they were on for every single race you may have a case... gonna have a hard time proving that tho. If without a shadow of doubt. I’d say he gets an asterisk at best. I guess you could take the title away... just gonna be real hard to prove that it took place over a course of time

Need to get the facts correct, they were caught in 1 race, a points race. Tires were confiscated, gathered a DQ, not allowed a drop for that particular race, and then they won Pro race on an actual set of Els.
Was not anything to do with me, but i was there.
If you believe this was the 1st time this has been done, youre only fooling yourself.

This problem is something that happens often in el classes ?
More then one person knew about it or did it ?
The same person did it and more then one person knew it ?
Said person got caught how many times ?
Judging from post #8 thats about all that can be done as its now after the fact .

Judging from post #8 thats about all that can be done as its now after the fact .
Cheating happens in every class, most dont get caught. Lots of re caps that look like Els out there being used and winning races.
More than 1 person knew? Thats possible, but i wasnt part of that group so cant say for sure.
Said driver was caught 1 time, tires confiscated. He then ran the Pro race later in the day, won that with proper El tires. The legality of the confiscated tires werent determined until the Monday after that weekends race.

Dont kid yourself recaps are used in many different classes that spec a hard tire, many years ago they were doing Burris 55s here.

Kart competes & wins numerous races in a EL points & pro classes. In the last points race, said kart was caught using rebranded HT3‘s made to look like EL’s.

What should the track officials do?
Tech harder the rest of the season and not wait until the last night? As pointed out already you can't conclude he was on them all season.

He got caught one time. He loses points for that race and that race only. Can’t prove if he did or did not use them all year.

If I was track owner,I believe I would tell them they aren't welcome at my track. I know some people will say well you are chasing away racers but I look at it as the cheater or whatever yall wanna call them are chasing away racers. This sport does not need competitors like this! It makes it frustrating for everyone! Just my 2cents, like I have said before I haven't been around this sport long so please feel free to make me look at this situation differently.

Check out this response on FB

In my opinion the kid without the plate should be banned from the track for good especially his parents and crew for the fact that this is what will kill the sport we all love. Teaching your kid to be a cheater and to intentionally wteck someone is uncalled for and piss poor parenting. Its and unfortunate that you have people like this. Also I say the track should hold something with the class and let them know because of one idiots decision there will be no points awarded for that night in that class and possibly run a make up race without the cheater

Check out this response on FB

In my opinion the kid without the plate should be banned from the track for good especially his parents and crew for the fact that this is what will kill the sport we all love. Teaching your kid to be a cheater and to intentionally wteck someone is uncalled for and piss poor parenting. Its and unfortunate that you have people like this. Also I say the track should hold something with the class and let them know because of one idiots decision there will be no points awarded for that night in that class and possibly run a make up race without the cheater
Really stinks for the kids! but where I come from apples don't fall far from the tree! They keep doing this the kid/kids will pick up bad habits when they are old enough to make their own decisions. Just my two cents

If I was track owner,I believe I would tell them they aren't welcome at my track. I know some people will say well you are chasing away racers but I look at it as the cheater or whatever yall wanna call them are chasing away racers. This sport does not need competitors like this! It makes it frustrating for everyone! Just my 2cents, like I have said before I haven't been around this sport long so please feel free to make me look at this situation differently.
If you told everyone who cheated they couldnt come back, you wouldnt have much of a crowd.
The biggest names in racing have cheated. The biggest names yet to be heard will cheat.
5 minutes after the 1st race, was the first cheater.
Let me ask this, if you won $50,000 on something cheated up, then a DQ for a $5000 race, are you upset? No, you are $45,000 ahead of the game.
NOW LETS BE CLEAR, i dont condone this but im not naive enough to think it dont happen. Ive been around a while, and ive seen the things, innovative things, thats been done in karting. And i promise i aint seen the last, theres lots of smart folks in the sport.

If you told everyone who cheated they couldnt come back, you wouldnt have much of a crowd.
The biggest names in racing have cheated. The biggest names yet to be heard will cheat.
5 minutes after the 1st race, was the first cheater.
Let me ask this, if you won $50,000 on something cheated up, then a DQ for a $5000 race, are you upset? No, you are $45,000 ahead of the game.
NOW LETS BE CLEAR, i dont condone this but im not naive enough to think it dont happen. Ive been around a while, and ive seen the things, innovative things, thats been done in karting. And i promise i aint seen the last, theres lots of smart folks in the sport.
So let me ask, Have the big names only cheated once, or did they only get a little smack on the wrist and they come back for more of the honest mans money? What should the guys who try and do everything right do? Set back and deal with these big name people/upcoming big name people? Innovative is one thing I believe, butt down right cheating is another, I have no idea what process it takes to recap a tire but I'd say alot of work went into that! Its not just setting intake lift at retainer .238 and 5 races later its at .239-.240 when you get check and get tossed! Now I just opened another can of worms talking about engines! This was on tires and every where you read its all about TIRES TIRES TIRES,SETUP! haha sorry made myself laugh. Anyways what should the average person do really?

Last edited:
Back