You Make the Call

Video goes little blurry for me right where it happened, But the way I see it the 3rd place kart didn't touch anyone he's right place right time, the leader floats up hard to tell if 2nd place gets him in the rear before he starts sideways or after, but I don't see 3rd place even being in the conversation.

Sorry, that video doesnt show what happened just before the second place kart spun. Tried viewing it on larger screen, frame by frame, exactly what is needed to be seen isn't in view

1.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

Do you mean the blue kart that was in 3rd most of the race.
Looks like a good move to me.
There's an old saying that if you can consistently run 3rd, you'll win your share of races when 1st and 2nd take themselves out on the last lap.

View attachment 9325
View attachment 9327
View attachment 9328

Do you mean the blue kart that was in 3rd most of the race.
Looks like a good move to me.
There's an old saying that if you can consistently run 3rd, you'll win your share of races when 1st and 2nd take themselves out on the last lap.

3rd place, blue kart, was balck flagged for “rough driving”, after starting 9th battling for the win. Oh, it was $500 to win with 5 to go when the caution came out.

ridiculous call IMO

Black flagged for rough driving ? I've seen people beat their way to the front with no black flag.
Lead or 2nd Kart must have been high roller or the guy someone wanted to win.

The video doesn't show us anything . There was 2 blue karts running 3rd and 4th , as they came under the flag stand the 3rd place kart was gaining on the 2nd place kart which was looking to make a move on the 1st place kart . From what is missing from the video , we cannot determine what happened in those few seconds to where the camera picked the action back up .
It does appear that the 3rd place kart from its location after the contact , had a good line out of the corner , but I cannot see if he may have been pushing the 2nd place kart in those brief seconds causing the accident . The official on the track had the best line of site to make that call .

Last edited:
Black flagged for rough driving ? I've seen people beat their way to the front with no black flag.
Lead or 2nd Kart must have been high roller or the guy someone wanted to win.
If this was Big 3 Jr 2 then the kid that won the race is a big name in the series and the kid that got 2nd is on Tod Miller's team.

Last edited:
If this was Big 3 Jr 2 then the kid that ended up 1st is a big name in the series and the kid that got 2nd is on Tod Miller's team.
Seems to be “who you are” to some degree at times.
1st & 2nd are well known as well
Had the 007 been racing under someone’s “banner”, have have been a totally different outcome

Not that it helps to much to make it any easier to swallow, For whatever reason both the Head flagman and race director took there eyes off the front pack ( which with 5 to go should never happen ) the contact happens, there not sure jump on the radio did anyone see that and someone chimed in yes the 3 rd place kart took out the leader, OR they took there eyes off and looked back AFTER the contact of 1st & 2nd and what was 1st place kart is already sideways coming down the track and at that point the 3rd place kart was closest to him, So they just assumed 3rd place kart made contact and they made the call to quick.
Either way NO excuse for a good team of officials to have missed this, but there might be some comfort it wasn't personal. I know doesn't help much when you didn't get the $$$$$$$.
Did you get an explanation ? If so what was it ?

The video doesn't show what you need to see when you need to see it. But my guess is the two leaders started to touch each other and third closed up on them. The issue is with the top two IMO. They spun, so restart the race and they start at the rear for causing the caution. I also feel the part that the video doesn't show is crucial to making the right call.

The video doesn't show what you need to see when you need to see it. But my guess is the two leaders started to touch each other and third closed up on them. The issue is with the top two IMO. They spun, so restart the race and they start at the rear for causing the caution. I also feel the part that the video doesn't show is crucial to making the right call.
The pictures Bob posted above are what your not seeing, when I first watched it I couldn't see what your not seeing either, then I watched it several times hitting pause and play repeating it took me right through it plain as can be. note the position of the then 3rd place kart when contact is first made he's way below the other 2 drives right past narrowly missing the then leader rolling down across the track.

Not that it helps to much to make it any easier to swallow, For whatever reason both the Head flagman and race director took there eyes off the front pack ( which with 5 to go should never happen ) the contact happens, there not sure jump on the radio did anyone see that and someone chimed in yes the 3 rd place kart took out the leader, OR they took there eyes off and looked back AFTER the contact of 1st & 2nd and what was 1st place kart is already sideways coming down the track and at that point the 3rd place kart was closest to him, So they just assumed 3rd place kart made contact and they made the call to quick.
Either way NO excuse for a good team of officials to have missed this, but there might be some comfort it wasn't personal. I know doesn't help much when you didn't get the $$$$$$$.
Did you get an explanation ? If so what was it ?

the only explanation was “rough driving”

corner worker also told the 3rd place, jr2 driver, to get his dumb ass off the track

that jr 2 driver was thinking, what crazy kid won’t get off the track after being black flagged....never guessing it was HIM!

VERY PROFESSIONAL CREW....not!!!

the only explanation was “rough driving”

corner worker also told the 3rd place, jr2 driver, to get his dumb ass off the track

that jr 2 driver was thinking, what crazy kid won’t get off the track after being black flagged....never guessing it was HIM!

VERY PROFESSIONAL CREW....not!!!
WoW I've flagged and race directed hundreds of kart races, That corner worker would no longer be part of my team !!
Keep your head up and a good attitude, just go out next time and lay the smack down on them.
Good Luck !!

Back