Young driver, lacking feedback..HELP!

Hey guys. I've been chasing and chasing this kart. It's a 2017 geforce. Driver gives me feed back shes turning the wheel alot compared to years past. Front end seems to have a hop exiting turn 2 and entering turn 3. I really have no clue if I'm on the lr to much or if its rr tight. We have been finishing in the back.
Track is asphalt with decent banking long straights tight turns. I hear most drop 3-400rpms, we are dropping 4-600. What information can I gather from the kart, tire temps, tire pressures, mycrhon data etc to figure out what this thing is doing so I can get it going?

Have you contacted George Bark yet? He is the one that builds that brand and where I'd start to make sure you're in the ballpark. I don't have contact info for him but someone should be able to help.

How old are the tires ?
Hop is typically grip - slip , grip- slip .
When you say years past , what else has changed ?
Driver size or class/engine difference .

I’m with Cole 100%, George was a huge help to us when we first started asphalt ovals 12 years ago, my kids were 5 & 8 then.

Have you contacted George Bark yet? He is the one that builds that brand and where I'd start to make sure you're in the ballpark. I don't have contact info for him but someone should be able to help.
I've contacted him previously. Some of it has helped some of it hasent.

How old are the tires ?
Hop is typically grip - slip , grip- slip .
When you say years past , what else has changed ?
Driver size or class/engine difference .
Brand new cut right sides. Lf is 5 or 6 races old lr is older and a white vega, rest are yellow vegas.

Driver has gotten few inches taller, couple pounds heavier, we have moved up into blue plate animal

Sounds like too much/too little camber/caster or ride heights being off on the front. A hop on the front end normally comes from the lack of turning power in the kart and the excessive steering input from the driver to make it turn in my experience. It'd seem as you described as either on the lr and not rotating or rr tight but the front end hop and more steering input needed would make me start looking at the front end geometry and going from there.

Sounds like too much/too little camber/caster or ride heights being off on the front. A hop on the front end normally comes from the lack of turning power in the kart and the excessive steering input from the driver to make it turn in my experience. It'd seem as you described as either on the lr and not rotating or rr tight but the front end hop and more steering input needed would make me start looking at the front end geometry and going from there.

Ive been thinking of adding castor to it. Currently at 5lf 8rf, was thinking of going 8lf 10rf. Maybe rolling some camber out of rf, currently at 3.75 but if I'm on the lr to much or what have you I'm wondering if taking away camber and putting more rf rubber on the pavement will lessen the transfer off the lr onto the rf?

Maybe I've overlooked it, but I find, anywhere in this thread, very little information on the kart set up.

I have a set up sheet, that I've been playing with, that has over 100 points of information to fill in. Wouldn't that information help narrow the search for a problem.

Hey guys. I've been chasing and chasing this kart. It's a 2017 geforce. Driver gives me feed back shes turning the wheel alot compared to years past. Front end seems to have a hop exiting turn 2 and entering turn 3. I really have no clue if I'm on the lr to much or if its rr tight. We have been finishing in the back.
Track is asphalt with decent banking long straights tight turns. I hear most drop 3-400rpms, we are dropping 4-600. What information can I gather from the kart, tire temps, tire pressures, mycrhon data etc to figure out what this thing is doing so I can get it going?
Pressure check in the rear tires as soon as kart comes off scales should help narrow it down to which rear tire is working the most, plus feel which tire is the warmest.

Maybe I've overlooked it, but I find, anywhere in this thread, very little information on the kart set up.

I have a set up sheet, that I've been playing with, that has over 100 points of information to fill in. Wouldn't that information help narrow the search for a problem.

I dont see how punching numbers into a program can help when said program doesn't know the track config and such

Pressure check in the rear tires as soon as kart comes off scales should help narrow it down to which rear tire is working the most, plus feel which tire is the warmest.
I use tire temps. But I know right rear is the hottest. Then it's sometimes the rf sometimes the lr coming in as the next hottest and least hottest is lf

I use tire temps. But I know right rear is the hottest. Then it's sometimes the rf sometimes the lr coming in as the next hottest and least hottest is lf
If the RR is gaining considerably more air, and running considerably warmer then there should not be any confusion what's up, it's RR tight, by chance your not running excessive LF camber ?

If the RR is gaining considerably more air, and running considerably warmer then there should not be any confusion what's up, it's RR tight, by chance your not running excessive LF camber ?

Lf camber is +.25 to +.5 is what I stay between. I never go lower then .25 and never higher than .5

Back