Youth pedals?

Freer38

Looking for ideas on what to do for pedals. My soon to be 5 year olds feet reach to the tie rods so looking for a way to get pedals to work. This is our first go around with a kid this young as my other son didnt start til he was 12. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Dp they fit over the tie rods?
Yes for most karts and if they don't you'll need to get a little creative and make some spacers to raise them up. My son started @ 5 and he was 42" tall, pedal blocks for years lol. Even now @ 17 he's still short and uses reverse pedals.

The PMI setup is absolutely the way to go on kids stuff. But, I believe they are in Corona shutdown right now.
BE575E29-36F7-4455-AFE8-D533CDCE2B01.png

Is that set up only work on a jr kart? Some of the problem is its an adult kart was told could make it work for jr driver but boy is pretty short

I love the PMI setup, but I'm not sure when my kid was 5 if they would have worked. We had cheap pedal risers that went over the tie rods.

The PMI setup is the way to go. I've installed several on karts for small kids. It just so happens I have a brand new spare set if you are interested. I'll send you PM.

I love the PMI setup, but I'm not sure when my kid was 5 if they would have worked. We had cheap pedal risers that went over the tie rods.
This was the only way we could get the banshee to work when I had the seat pushed back had to put spacers under them to raise them up. Once I got the seat laid back and bottom pushed forward I was able to move them just forward of the tie rods and our %'s are better now too.

Back