Zachariah85 Jr LO206 dirt oval

Zachariah85

Hello everyone,
Excited & nervous father here...😬🤔
Looking for suggestions/advice for my 11 yr old son Zachariah. We have a 2018 (possibly 2017) Millenium Faktor chassis. Setup recommendations? Not familiar with it at all....
He will be in the 280 # class for ages 9-14 yrs old. We were about 320 lbs on the scale.
Still do not know the kart racing lingo yet....
We have a mychron3 gage, but do not know anything about it. We had to remove it because my son couldn't see over it. The bracket went straight up over the steering wheel. Make a different mounting bracket possibly? Where does the wire connect to ? (Has 2 AAA batteries)
(Benhurspeedway will be our home dirt track - Burris slicks)
I hear that it is all about the tires...
I see a lot of post online about 206, but the karts look a lot different (asphalt and/or road course karts I believe)
Not sure which forums to follow, being different style karts, tracks, etc....
TeamFaith
Phil. 4:13
Thanks in advance

Pics of body attached below
(Swoop??)

Attachments

• 20210214_221141.jpg
    20210214_221141.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Resized_20210205_115056.jpeg
    Resized_20210205_115056.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15
Welcome . Ben hur is that indiana? The general section has a thread titled ( a go to thread for new drivers ) Lots of info .and reading .
the others will have chassis set up and tire info .

Welcome to the dirt kart worls. Ben hur is a cool track from what I've been told. Kind of out of the way for us but always wanted to go check it out. Shaped like an egg so setup is gonna be a compromise between the big and small ends. As for tires @CarlsonMotorsports would be able to get you on an effective program as hes local to our area. He's in Linden and can help you with all your 206 needs as well.

The body is a swoop and as for the difference in karts yes there is. The 206 is more popular in the sprint world but people still use them on dirt.

56.5 % left, 61.5 % cross, 46.5 % nose,
2.6 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber,
Toe out the RF 1/8 ", will get you a good base line starting point. Factory numbers and most guy's will say higher left and cross for the factor, and that's correct for most places, the numbers I gave account for midwest dirt.
Good Luck !!

Get with @CarlsonMotorsports, Brian can get you pointed in the right direction for sure. Also as mentioned above, read the "Go-To for New" thread in the General Section. It will help get you familiar with some of the jargon. This place is a wealth of knowledge for being familiar with things before you encounter them, read everything and sift it down to what works for you, and good luck!

Welcome to the dirt kart worls. Ben hur is a cool track from what I've been told. Kind of out of the way for us but always wanted to go check it out. Shaped like an egg so setup is gonna be a compromise between the big and small ends. As for tires @CarlsonMotorsports would be able to get you on an effective program as hes local to our area. He's in Linden and can help you with all your 206 needs as well.

The body is a swoop and as for the difference in karts yes there is. The 206 is more popular in the sprint world but people still use them on dirt.
Already been in touch with these fine folks @ Team Faith.
Varying some from racing promotor's numbers, I'd suggest a bit less cross (~60%) and as much nose as your driver can comfortably drive.
No more than 1/16" toe out RF for big tracks like Ben Hur (it's listed as a 1/3 mi and measures/gears like a 1/4 mile.)
Intermediate cuts and get up on air with tons of bite in the tires (especially early on.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Hello everyone,
Excited & nervous father here...😬🤔
Looking for suggestions/advice for my 11 yr old son Zachariah. We have a 2018 (possibly 2017) Millenium Faktor chassis. Setup recommendations? Not familiar with it at all....
He will be in the 280 # class for ages 9-14 yrs old. We were about 320 lbs on the scale.
Still do not know the kart racing lingo yet....
We have a mychron3 gage, but do not know anything about it. We had to remove it because my son couldn't see over it. The bracket went straight up over the steering wheel. Make a different mounting bracket possibly? Where does the wire connect to ? (Has 2 AAA batteries)
(Benhurspeedway will be our home dirt track - Burris slicks)
I hear that it is all about the tires...
I see a lot of post online about 206, but the karts look a lot different (asphalt and/or road course karts I believe)
Not sure which forums to follow, being different style karts, tracks, etc....
TeamFaith
Phil. 4:13
Thanks in advance
Be prepared to spend a LOT of time reading these forums.
There's a wealth of information available on here and is all accountable to some of the best guys in the industry (unlike Facebook groups.)
Yes, there are tach mounts that will help considerably.
The wire that you are referring to is probably the tach lead - wraps around the spark plug. On the L206, that's the only lead that you'll need...Temp is not not necessary (or advisable.) The third wire will be for the lap timer that mounts so it points toward the Beacon placed trackside.

Spend some real time on here and get to know some of the fine folks of 4cycle.com.
It'll pay off real dividends in better understanding the world of dirt oval kart racing.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You will need a 17 driver if memory serves me correctly.... sorry i haven't raced there since 2015 and ran flathead with a 16 driver... but i am pretty sure lo206 uses the same driver as the clone class

Back