04 trick kids kart

K3 racing

My son is 9 and running a green plate predator he has a 04 trick olimpic cart I’m looking to scale it for him and get the numbers close for him does anyone know what numbers I should start with he has to weight 265 in his class

Before scaling make sure the seat is properly mounted for a 9 year old.
I'm pretty sure a baseline for the era will get you close.
46% Nose
55-56% LS
60% cross.
Other details will depend on driver size, tires and track you are running

He just raced his first race this past Saturday
Pretty sure I remember the numbers Jamie offers above are about spot on with an experienced driver ready to go max speed potential , With a New racer at that age and weight I'd put the old 55 % balanced set up in it for now , meaning 55 %
Rear ( which is 45 % nose ), 55 % left , 55 % cross , with 2.35 RF neg camber , and .65 LF pos camber , with 1/8 inch toe out on the LF , make sure seat is mounted properly per size of your 9 yr old and send it, and if your lacking speed " DON'T TOUCH THE SET UP " adjust the 9 yr old first , then the TIRES , then the gearing, after ya know there all right, then tweak the set up , That's for AVG size kart tracks 1/8 th mile to 1/5 th mile . knowing this I'm pretty sure Jamie will agree with this .
Good Luck !!

^ Good advice right here.
A 54/54/54 set up is a great place to start for a younger driver.
Very neutral for older karts like yours and the car will feel very "manageable" underneath him.

If you need anything, we are very familiar with K3 and would be glad to help as best as we can.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com