10 car?

2013 daytona 500

2016 chase conteders, 2016 pole winners, previous clash winners, and previous 500 pole winners eligible

Im not a big fan of hers but she did a good job today, not only a fourth place finish but also the best finish for the hole Stewart/Haas Team, I give her a A+ for todays efforts..
RICKY WOLFE JR #72
SHED-X MOTORSPORTS
DMM PERFORMANCE ENGINES
SLACK RACING CHASSIS

She's a wreck waiting to happen.

Actually, I think she's probably caused less wrecks at Daytona and Talladega than folks like Logano, Dillon, and McMurray. I'm not saying she's a better driver than these guys, but for the most part she stays in her lane at superspeedways and doesn't take silly chances.

also the 10 car gets wrecked by the boneheads around her

True that! Let me say up front, I think Danica Patrick is a 'plain jane' not nearly as attractive as most make her out to be and she is an average NASCAR driver, not particularly a fan.

But...

Danica Patrick raced full-time IndyCar from 2005-11, and holds the all-time record for most consecutive finished races in that series. Her mark of 50 consecutive finishes without a DNF, shattered the old IndyCar record of 32– and still stands. She was long ago recognized at the highest levels of competitive auto racing as a safe, fair & competitive driver.

In 2012, Danica began racing in NASCAR, and has run full-time in its Sprint Cup series since 2013. In her NASCAR career of 123 races (as of this writing), she has 17 DNF’s– for an alarming rate of 13.8%. A check of the numbers in 2014, showed she was by far the most wrecked-DNF driver in NASCAR.

Another NASCAR review in 2015 showed Patrick to have the 7th-highest crash rate, among all drivers with at least 15 starts. This study included all crashes, even those that did not produce DNF’s.

Video analysis will be used to group Danica Patrick’s DNF-crashes into two categories: 1) her fault; 2) not her fault. Furthermore, wrecks which weren’t her fault will be divided into two types: A) wrecked unintentionally, which is racing luck; or B) wrecked intentionally, which implies being repeatedly targeted.

Accidents that were Danica Patrick’s fault Kansas 2012, 2013; Pocono 2013; Michigan 2014; Martinsville 2015; Darlington 2015; Daytona 2016. That’s a total of seven wrecks that were clearly her fault, in 123 NASCAR starts, for a 5.7% rate– which is less than half of her 13.8% total crash rate.

Unintentional wrecks of Danica Patrick (Not her fault) Talladega 2013; Daytona 2014; Charlotte 2014; Kentucky 2015. These four accidents are ‘racing luck wrecks’ which happen, and no one could reasonably expect Danica Patrick to avoid them.

Intentional wrecks of Danica Patrick Bristol 2011 (EDwards); 2012 Gatorade Duel #1 (Almirola); Bristol 2012 (R. Smith); Charlotte 2014 (Logano); Martinsville 21014 (Truex); Daytona Practice 2015 (Hamlin); Bud Duel 2015 (Hamlin); Fontan 2106 (Kahne). That’s seven wrecks (plus another one in qualifying) where she was deliberately taken out by another driver. These intentional wrecks have been the most violent & dangerous of her crashes. http://ricsize.com/?p=3428

Once again, not a fan, but fair is fair, she can drive. I was once a Kyle Petty fan, but not so much after he started slamming her, as far as I'm sconcerned, she's already surpassed his career.

Agreed, but i guess since carl left out of the blue and tony was expected to leave,nascar felt bad for gibbs team for having a car ready for the shootout

I call BS on the 19 deal. Money changes everything. Suarez had absolutely no business in the Clash.
That's probably the big story for NASCAR this year, a Mexican born driver gets a good ride in NASCAR's favorite car, Toyota. Boyer is in a Ford. Don't take a genius to figure it out. That's why Dodge left. My opinion. Joe

Fun shop Fact- Clint now drives for SHR, Did you know since Danica started racing Clint has not won a Sprint Cup race.

Back