101 mac

jre2

just wondering what kind of hp did a mod 101 put out had one years ago ran at dirt national in wrens ga

when I was 12 I had a 101 aa bought it new from gem products in Illinois. it cost me 187.00 dollars. that was 1966. all the sheet metal was chrome with a American flag on it.i hauled hay for our neighbors all summer long to raise the money. it went on a fox kart that I bought for 75 dollars. I think they said it had 8 or 9 hp. its been so long I really cant remember. just know how proud I was when I got it. when I was working to raise the money I would keep my money in a sock. I would count it everyday. I remember my uncle calling me on the phone an telling me he was going to order a 101 A an was wondering if I wanted him to order the 101AA.i was 20 dollars short so I had to wait until someone cut hay again. I was setting on the couch with my sock an was counting it again an got up an put it back in the door. I will never forget my mother asking me what was wrong an I told her that I was going to walk to the next farm over from ours an ask them if they needed any help. while I was gone my mother called her brother(my uncle) she asked him what we had talked about an he told her. when I came back home ( no luck on any work) she asked me how much the motor was. I told her an that I was 20 dollars short. she then told me to count it again an make sure that I wasn't leaving any money in the sock. I told her I had counted it 3 times. she then informed me to just do it again. I did an low an behold I had enough money. i know how hard she worked to make that 20 dollars. i called my uncle an told him to order it. I love my mother. 60 year old men aren't suppose to cry. p.s did I mention I still have the motor in my shop. thanks mom

I raced the Mac 101 from about 74-76. I never had one on a dyno but a friend of mine did, someone who I have the utmost confidence in, and while I don't remember exactly, he said it was making over 20 horsepower. If I remember right, that was on gas. Running alky should have increased that HP by about 10%. I never raced one with gas, only alky. The engine came with a double pumper carb so it handled alky pretty well.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Great life experience story, thanks for sharing Rotary

Mine was similar involving my first motorcycle, I was 15 at the time. It cost $250.00 brand new in 1964, I caddied/hauled hay all summer and was short close to half of the 250. Dad took me the the Harley Shop to see it, needless to say we loaded in the truck. All the thinking of parents not knowing anything sure changed for me!

Bill, what's the program at RR, Jack told me several years ago but I've forgotten. I am interested in attending, have two vintage karts and leaving for Florida in a few days.

looking to see if old motor is still out there big bore 101 had three port exh two ports raised sold with 7 big bore pistons full circle crank mod v12 reed block had steel stuffer that was machined for gasket height been a long time any info thank you

Bill, what's the program at RR, Jack told me several years ago but I've forgotten. I am interested in attending, have two vintage karts and leaving for Florida in a few days.

From what I understand it is more so a "bring it & run it". :) I don't think there is anything listed anywhere as to class breakdowns, maybe depending on how many show. I'd absolutely love to see a great vintage turnout there again. I'm aiming at bringing a Van-K/K-35 enduro and hopefully time to put together a Coyote Bullet/820 enduro. I'll run whichever has the most "comparable" turnout. I had hoped to put together an 820 twin but work is eating up too much of my free time to get done what I want. Hopefully see ya there! -Alan-

It is the big Vintage event. Sprints and Laydowns welcome. Two 30 minute classes each day to run just for Vintage karts Sat and Sunday plus morning practice. Total of 4 times to run for the event for one entry fee or you can do it by day. All Vintage karts ran together. Exhibition style racing.

Thanks Bill and Vintage. Is there a website, who sanctions the event? I have a Go-Kart 800 and a Lancer GT, Mc6, 580's and a PP58 motors. What weekend in October? Thanks.

I looked at Roebling Road events, this month the 13th and 14th is the Vintage Drivers Club event but found nothing about any vintage action during October?

when I was 12 I had a 101 aa bought it new from gem products in Illinois. it cost me 187.00 dollars. that was 1966. all the sheet metal was chrome with a American flag on it.i hauled hay for our neighbors all summer long to raise the money. it went on a fox kart that I bought for 75 dollars. I think they said it had 8 or 9 hp. its been so long I really cant remember. just know how proud I was when I got it. when I was working to raise the money I would keep my money in a sock. I would count it everyday. I remember my uncle calling me on the phone an telling me he was going to order a 101 A an was wondering if I wanted him to order the 101AA.i was 20 dollars short so I had to wait until someone cut hay again. I was setting on the couch with my sock an was counting it again an got up an put it back in the door. I will never forget my mother asking me what was wrong an I told her that I was going to walk to the next farm over from ours an ask them if they needed any help. while I was gone my mother called her brother(my uncle) she asked him what we had talked about an he told her. when I came back home ( no luck on any work) she asked me how much the motor was. I told her an that I was 20 dollars short. she then told me to count it again an make sure that I wasn't leaving any money in the sock. I told her I had counted it 3 times. she then informed me to just do it again. I did an low an behold I had enough money. i know how hard she worked to make that 20 dollars. i called my uncle an told him to order it. I love my mother. 60 year old men aren't suppose to cry. p.s did I mention I still have the motor in my shop. thanks mom

That's awesome. I remember growing up in a family of 9 with a single income. I spent a year working on grass cutting and odd jobs to put together my first rc plane. My dad got me the model engine for it and a gallon of fuel for my 14th birthday. 15 years and who-knows-how-many planes later, that engine is still in my toolbox.

The Roebling Road event is hosted by the Southern Kart Club and run in conjunction with state of the art class structures. I understand vintage karts will have their own time frames within the schedule.

Bill, Your 101 gonna be a stocker or open? I'd like to bring a comparable 'Bender. :)

Here is my 101 that I have had since about '87.
Dead stock internally, but ran on alky.
The last time I ran it was at an indoor race at the old Spurs arena before they tore it down (about '92).
Was able to out pull Atomics with twin-gear setups on the short track.
But vibration caused the fuel cap to come off, and drenched my privates with menthonal :-(, so I pulled off.

eng-Mac101-2.jpg

Back