125 sudam

ttownwideglider

I was wondering what is the difference in preformance between the small cage and large cage models? Does the large cage produce more low end torque? The small cage has more top end power. That seems logical i my way of thinking, but dont know either way. A larger crankcase charge seems to be more important on the low end side than the top side. Increase the a/f charge and get more torque.Not as much fuel required on the top end becuse torque is dropping off in the overrev condition..

Mitch, we have several Reed Jets, both large and small cages. Honestly, we don't see enough of a difference in either one. We have no problem unbolting a large and bolting a small on, or vice versa. This is on roadcourses.

What is the max bore on a Sudam Cylinder sleeve? I found 54.27mm pistons but heard you can go up to 54.75mm is this correct? Where is the best place to find large bore pistons for these engines? I have heard Kermit make pistons for them is that correct?

Where is the best place to get 54.5mm or 55.mm pistons for the Sudam? Kermit only has 54.27mm and says not to go over 55mm becuse of heating and exhaust bridge problems. Looking to go 55mm and get a few extra ccs with a stroker crank. 55mm piston and 57mm crank 134.5cc. Are there any pistons that will interchange with the sudam without any mods that are of equal quality.

hey Brian is the wrist pin diameter and location the same as Iame Sudam piston? What do you mean about relocating the ring pin? Another question about the coil on the Motoplat for the Sudan. Does the coil need to mounted on the Jackshaft like a Yamaha ignition , so it has a ground ?

Yes it has a 14mm wrist pin. The ring locating pins are the ones in the ring groove to keep the ring from rotating. Yes you have to ground the ign.

Brian I know that the ring pin is in the groove and keeps the ring from rotating around to the exhaust side. Why would it have to be relocated doesnt the piston come with it facing the intake side or do you mean it doesnt have one and it has to be installed in it? Does the Wisco have two rings or one, are the rings dykes or flat type? I went to Wiseco site and couldnt find the Part# 448M5550 you gave for the piston, can you double check the #.Thanks Mitch

Back