2 cycle methanol oil

Redline makes a synthetic that's designed for Nitro and methanol. Very good stuff a lot guys use it on small 2smokers running nitro and turning 30,000rpms. I run my alky burner on it and have excellent service from it. Don't get any of the guming that I did from Blendzall green label. Never had a main bearing fail and cylinder show very little wear. Kinda expensive and have to order it from them cause no one stocks it around here where iam at.

We always used a 16:1 Blendzall Green Label, 1 oz. Marvel and 1 oz. acetone in our opens. Purged with our 16:1 gas mix we used in the Yamaha's and put a teaspoon of MM down the spark plug hole too finish. Worked for a couple of decades.

DK

Don thats the way I have run mine to, untill I found the redline syn. I has almost no carbon build up and does not gum the carb up with castor residue . I think the wear is much lower also. The boiling point is much higher with the syn oils and the molacular chain is much more uniform. I too love the smell of castor but will sacrafice that for better overall preformance. I just order four quarts at a time and have them shipped. Only run at 20-1 too, not 16-1

I have run both Blendzall and Klotz Supertechniplate on my open 131 on alky with no issues at all. I have used Shell Racing M for many years on gas and it was my favorite though never used it on alky. so far my favorite on alky is the Klotz, specially on cold weather.

The problem we had with synthetic, (super klotz) was it would cook and stick the ring in the ring groove. We never had that problem with castor.
I think that it was because we tuned with the EGT and probably ran a much leaner mixture than most people run.
This problem was not unique to us, I know another person who had the same problem. A person I know very well, who uses the EGT and wins a lot of races.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.

Al I have never had that problem with the Redline syn oil. That use to happen to me more with the bean oil the castor would carbonise and build up thus sticking the ring in the groove. This stuff was recomended to me by a buddy that runs 1/5 scale truck RCs with a little 2smoker on it thats uses nitro and he says 40,000 rpms is not a problem for them, says it makes about 5hp and runs about 70mph.

I'll second the Klotz. I run KL-100 in my wankel on alcohol at 3oz to a gallon. It's sold at most ATV/Dirt bike shops, so it's probably intended for dirt bikes.

Amsoil? over the yrs. I've seen a lot of praise , but one of my good friends used it in his Dirt Modified, on racing gas, one real hot night when engines were having cooling problems , his did too, pulled the pan off, and the whole crank assembly was coated in a green plastic blob, very much like the stuff used many yrs. later at the Candy Co. for holding pallats of candy cases together for shipping.

, his did too, pulled the pan off, and the whole crank assembly was coated in a green plastic blob,

My buddy was using it with his 600 micro and when he pulled the pan there was a thick orange goo. His was on methanol. A fellow that used Champion oils told him he would see this with Amsoil.

I have been using Blendzall 30wt. 4 Cycle racing oil in my 600 and it has been almost as clean coming out as it is going in after 4 race nights. Inside of motor is spotless.

DK

Back