2 Disc Bully on stock appearing clone??

MaxxT Out

Will a 2 disc Bully clutch work on a S/A clone at around 30 h.p.?? What rpm should it be set for?? Should I just invest in a 3 disc?? Thanks..

Will a 2 disc Bully clutch work on a S/A clone at around 30 h.p.?? What rpm should it be set for?? Should I just invest in a 3 disc?? Thanks..

If it's an honest 30 CHP, you'll need a 3 disc (or jackshaft clutch.) Consider, open and s/a classes tend to have a lot of cautions.
I have a couple 3 disc clutches here if you need, Jamie. Just give us a holler.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I cant see any stock appearing clone being anywhere close to 30hp, you are most likely closer to 20hp and are being fed some far fetched numbers by your builder/friend. I use a 2 disc bully on a stock appearing predator with red springs, with one bolt in each lever in the lower hole, not sure of spring height but have it set up to engage at 4200

from what I've seen here, 30 hp seems like a stretch.
In my two cycle days, we ran a three disc, some ran a four disc, and there were those who ran a two disc. I don't remember seeing any advantage with any of them. I definitely didn't see any disadvantage. If I had to choose between a two disc and three disc, I would choose the three disc. Not to get into an argument about acceleration between the two, it's been discussed, (compared to a 360 pound kart and driver, I don't think it makes any difference at all) I think three disc can better carry the load. I have no proof, just 50 years of experience.

Agreed, 30 horsepower sounds like a BIG stretch for a stock appearing. With a 3 inch bore, big valve head, and 33mm carb you can get there -- then again, that's NOT stock appearing.
While the 3 disc might be overkill, it'll sure work.

Back