2 disk 6 red spring bully vs 2 disk 4 blue spring bully for wka blue plate animal champ.

Is there any difference in these 2 for performance other than more adjustment on the 2 disk 6 spring for adult classes? Will the both hit the same if stall speeds are set correctly with either weights or no weights and spring heights? New to buying clutches. Son runs a 2 disk 6 red spring bully and the clutch company that I contacted sent a 2 disk 4 blue spring bully.

Is there any difference in these 2 for performance other than more adjustment on the 2 disk 6 spring for adult classes? Will the both hit the same if stall speeds are set correctly with either weights or no weights and spring heights? New to buying clutches. Son runs a 2 disk 6 red spring bully and the clutch company that I contacted sent a 2 disk 4 blue spring bully.
There's actually more adjustment with the 4 spring (you have 8 weight levers to work with.)
I like the 4 spring for the animal engine in the adult classes. Set up with blue springs @.225" and 1 bolt in every other weight lever. This makes for a softer engagement that handles the torque of a BP'd animal engine using slicks on a low/no bite dry slick dirt track. You can use the 4 spring for blue plate too - you'll just need to add more weights to the levers.
Generally, the 6 spring "hits" harder when it engages, but you can open up the air gap some on the 4 spring and get that same "feel" if that's what you want. Personally, I think that a softer engagement also helps under-powered restrictor plate classes too by not pulling the engine out of it's torque curve (which can happen in the real small/beginner plate classes.) For blue plate animal, I don't think you'll see much difference in performance in either 4 or 6 spring as long as they are set up correctly.
I'm kind of surprised that the company that you purchased the clutch from didn't already have it set up for your class/engine application. That's the most important thing about a clutch -- that it is set up properly.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There's actually more adjustment with the 4 spring (you have 8 weight levers to work with.)
I like the 4 spring for the animal engine in the adult classes. Set up with blue springs @.225" and 1 bolt in every other weight lever. This makes for a softer engagement that handles the torque of a BP'd animal engine using slicks on a low/no bite dry slick dirt track. You can use the 4 spring for blue plate too - you'll just need to add more weights to the levers.
Generally, the 6 spring "hits" harder when it engages, but you can open up the air gap some on the 4 spring and get that same "feel" if that's what you want. Personally, I think that a softer engagement also helps under-powered restrictor plate classes too by not pulling the engine out of it's torque curve (which can happen in the real small/beginner plate classes.) For blue plate animal, I don't think you'll see much difference in performance in either 4 or 6 spring as long as they are set up correctly.
I'm kind of surprised that the company that you purchased the clutch from didn't already have it set up for your class/engine application. That's the most important thing about a clutch -- that it is set up properly.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I appreciate the response Brian. I did end up getting ahold of them and they explained the reasoning behind the 4 spring. It is setup for my blue plate animal, I was just caught off guard when I opened it up and it was 4 spring blue. They said the same thing you had just mentioned.

Back