2 piece rim

How can I put a 2 piece rim together. I used silicone to hold air then bolted it together but the bolts hit the deal that u bolt it to the kart with. Its for the left front. Sorry im drawing a blank on what that piece is called.

If they are US pattern just change the hubs. Most new ones have a shape that won´t be on the way of the head of those bolts. A trick I learnt from a friend a couple of weeks ago: added to the o-ring that goes where the 2 halves join together you can cut a piece of tire tube (like a ring out of a tube) and place it on top of the o-ring and it will make a perfect seal. No need to use silicone if properly done.

American power sports has or had the rubber o-ring for the two piece wheels... Back in the days we still put some silicone around them with the rubber gasket/o-ring.

American power sports has or had the rubber o-ring for the two piece wheels... Back in the days we still put some silicone around them with the rubber gasket/o-ring.

Very frequently they leak even with the o-ring, but as I said a band cut from a bike tube, put on top of the o-ring like a jacket will make a perfect and cheap seal. It has its tecnique to put all this together though. I never stopped learning. Love these Saturday kart days at my old friends shop. I have learnt more there than in all these years racing.

I work at a rubber factory so getting it to seal is not the issue. The issue is the bolts to hold it together hit the hub. And I really don't want to order another rim right now.I was just looking for advise on that. Can I drill into the hub a little to create enough area for the bolts to sit in, so the rim sits flat against hub. Or put longer wheel studs in with some washers or a spacer? To bump the wheels past the Allen head bolt

If you choose to avoid the proper advice as Jack pointed out in post #3, I don't know much more "safe" advice we can give ya. Good luck.

Back