2 piece wheels

2 piece wheels are a 80/20 deal your time and money, personally not worth it too me.
Tires depends on which ones and prep and competition level. Burris last longer the maxxis 2/3 years then you better know your tires well.

I have a lot of old two piece wheels and old tires not like two or three years probably like 10 to 15 years old would be my guess. I've had them over 2 years from a kart I had purchased then life happened and a break from getting into karting happened as well. They have o-ring like seals... I don't know if those are good either. I know nothing about the older two piece wheels. Thanks for a response

Found a thread explaining Burris date codes. Any info on other date codes such as Maxxis and Dunlop would be appreciated if anyone knows.

Throw the 2 piece rims in the trash.
A few year old tires are fine for practice but feature time you better be on fresher tires.
Dover or no one's prep will help tires that are 15yr's old, probably 5 in. tires

XXX#40 you're right about them being 5 inch tires. I just looked at them some more and they're all Burris brand tires. I have 12 in all. And probably 30 wheel halves. The tires are Burris D-4,D-21and D-25 compounds. I'm assumming I could date code them even being that old? I pretty much chock the 5 inch tires up to not being ran other than practice then.

Believe it or not there's no visable dry rot or cracks. Im also not gonna say a few cracks wouldn't show up mounted on wheels and inflated with air. As for unmounted they appear decent. Just a bit stiff...

XXX#40 you're right about them being 5 inch tires. I just looked at them some more and they're all Burris brand tires. I have 12 in all. And probably 30 wheel halves. The tires are Burris D-4,D-21and D-25 compounds. I'm assumming I could date code them even being that old? I pretty much chock the 5 inch tires up to not being ran other than practice then.

They won't give you any useful information from practice.
IMO junk them, use them on pit carts.
Go buy a couple used sets and a new set of current rubber

Run what you've got, then move on as you run better and figure out setups, etc.

If you have the investment dollars, then just junk all your stuff and purchase new.

They won't give you any useful information from practice.
IMO junk them, use them on pit carts.
Go buy a couple used sets and a new set of current rubber

This is correct. Your entry fee , travel and time will be wasted trying too run those tires.

Back