2003 Arrow chassis (Would like info)

DempseyyG

Hey,

I got this 2003 Arrow chassis with a E-Start Rotax on it. Attached are some pictures. I would like to know how to find which chassis this is and how to identify the motor year/model. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
That Rotax engine is Pre-Evo. They are homologated so, similar to the Briggs LO206, they don't change year to year. The good news is you can update it to the Evo-Max easily using the Rotax upgrade kit. Most likely it will need a new cylinder and piston kit. Hopefully the bottom end is in good shape, they are fairly stout. The exhaust pipe and silencer appear good, definitely will need a repacking of the interior fiber material or it will never run near its rev-limiter. Will also need a pipe support kit and an air filter box since they appear missing.

That chassis is a bit of an ambitious project. Bearings, brakes, axle, spindles, tie rods, steering shaft, battery, on/off switch, seat need to be replaced or rebuilt. If it was in my shop and it wasn't bent I'd strip it down, powder coat and rebuild it. The Arrow is an excellent chassis for track days and practice. The Rotax engine is rock solid reliable with long intervals between rebuilds. You can easily spend $3000 restoring that combo to track quality tho. Plenty of parts on the used market, good luck with this project, feel free to ask questions.

Back