2005 phenom red plate setup

acura1

my 8 year old is just starting out and need a setup for a 2005 phatom phenom Burris 33a tire rule. Its a 1/5mile track dawgwood speedway in ga. Just renting the track to get him some seat time but would like a starting point. Any tire info would be greatly appreciated as well

That should be a pretty safe set up to start, once the driver gets some seat time you'll be able to tweak some to get it a little more sporty, Is there a gear rule or do you have some solid gearing info, I assume it's red plate clone ?

That should be a pretty safe set up to start, once the driver gets some seat time you'll be able to tweak some to get it a little more sporty, Is there a gear rule or do you have some solid gearing info, I assume it's red plate clone ?
16/64 gear rule at dawgwood so lucky I will not have to chase that bc i suck at gear selection

Do you mind pm what you think rpm for a flat foot track should be with a red plate
Never was around the red plates much to know for sure, but 5700 would have to be close You won't have to worry about enough RPM with a 16/64 that's more than Sr Clone gearing for a 1/5th mile to turn 7000 RPM.

Never was around the red plates much to know for sure, but 5700 would have to be close You won't have to worry about enough RPM with a 16/64 that's more than Sr Clone gearing for a 1/5th mile to turn 7000 RPM.
Would you say a 17 would be needed for sr clone

12.00 to 12.3
We were 11.8 with the 16/58 at 6900 rpm, so at 12.15 avg fast guys should of been 16/59 or 17/63 or maybe even 15 /55 so ya at less than 6400 with 16/64 you got something a miss, most likely tires either to soft to low air locked down since you say it handled ok, if they were way to hard you should of slide around on top track to much.

We were 11.8 with the 16/58 at 6900 rpm, so at 12.15 avg fast guys should of been 16/59 or 17/63 or maybe even 15 /55 so ya at less than 6400 with 16/64 you got something a miss, most likely tires either to soft to low air locked down since you say it handled ok, if they were way to hard you should of slide around on top track to much.
I was sliding around with 5/6 air tires punching 60 that are 2017s burris 33a went down to 4/5 and it felt better just no speed. Didn't have time to change tires bc I was focusing on my son

Back