2009 mongoose chassis set up

autoex

we are preparing a kart for a first year rookie, 2009 mongoose chassis.

we need set up info just to have a solid start point. the kart was disassembled and now being re assembled looking just for a good base set up guide. david whyte motorsports is the name associated with these karts but I have left phone messages and can not get the help I need from the chassis builder so I am turning to my fellow racers.
thanks fellas any help would be greatly appreciated

we are preparing a kart for a first year rookie, 2009 mongoose chassis.

we need set up info just to have a solid start point. the kart was disassembled and now being re assembled looking just for a good base set up guide. david whyte motorsports is the name associated with these karts but I have left phone messages and can not get the help I need from the chassis builder so I am turning to my fellow racers.
thanks fellas any help would be greatly appreciated

54 % left, 55 % cross, 46 % nose, 8 & 12 castor, 2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber, front seat centered to upright post rear seat spline 1/2" right of rotor, top rear of seat 9 1/2 " off top of axle, Inside edge RR wheel 3/16" off hanger, Inside LR wheel 7/8 " off hanger, Right side square and toe left front out 1/8 ".

Good Luck !!

54 % left, 55 % cross, 46 % nose, 8 & 12 castor, 2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber, front seat centered to upright post rear seat spline 1/2" right of rotor, top rear of seat 9 1/2 " off top of axle, Inside edge RR wheel 3/16" off hanger, Inside LR wheel 7/8 " off hanger, Right side square and toe left front out 1/8 ".

Good Luck !!

Those numbers arent quite what I would put in that chassis without knowing more information.

The Mongoose Chassis was built by Paul White. Paul is now a distributor for Phantom Chassis and owns Premier Autosport Limited.

What track/class are you racing? And how big is your driver?

thanks for the help I called paul I guess I typed name wrong but no help on that end. driver is small boy 8 years old I am helpin my uncle and cousin out my name is dave stemmerich. there are triangle shaped spacers or keys in rear axle where bearing meets the chassis. I messed up and didn't take enough pictures when we tore it down so I am not sure where to put it back I guess is what im trying to say.

we will probably just run slipperyrock its our local track 15 minutes from home. I run micro sprints now and my uncle drag races its been so long since I have messed with karts im impressed on how techn ical things have became

thanks for the help I called paul I guess I typed name wrong but no help on that end. driver is small boy 8 years old I am helpin my uncle and cousin out my name is dave stemmerich. there are triangle shaped spacers or keys in rear axle where bearing meets the chassis. I messed up and didn't take enough pictures when we tore it down so I am not sure where to put it back I guess is what im trying to say.

The triangle spacers set your cross/lead.

On the right rear, you want the sides of the pill that say "0" point towards the front and rear. Thats square lead.

On the left rear, you want both spacers point up and down at 0". Thats square for the left rear. The pills have 3 sides, 0, 1/16, and 1/8. For now, set them at 0 as mentioned above.

I would be on the following setup numbers:

54 Left
58 cross
46.5 Nose

-2 RF
+0.75 LF

12 RF/8 LF Castor (the center lines on the castor blocks are 8/8 castor. Each line is 2 degrees.

1" rear, 1.5" front stagger

thanks for the help has been the most usefull info i have got so far last question in the bearing hangers there are 2 bolt holes upper and lower any idea on where to start there ?

thanks for the help has been the most usefull info i have got so far last question in the bearing hangers there are 2 bolt holes upper and lower any idea on where to start there ?

Put them in the lower hole (raise ride height)

thanks a million i run micros if there is any thing i could ever help you with please let me know thanks again dave 724 406-5380

Both Ken and JP are close IMO. We ran an 09 Gravity there in Jr class before with decent results. We loved our Goose when we had it and get it right she was wicked fast. We typically ran a little lower cross there per Paul's instruction since its such a flat, short track. Give me a chance to find our old setup numbers and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Jpm I have mine set to those pill numbers above should the axle be totally square now? Also if the axle is on a slight skew and you use the accutoe es will the front match the skew of the rear or is that why the laser goes down and back?

If your going to run Slippery Rock take a little cross out in early spring and late in the fall. It’s in a field bottom and track stays damp and don’t make much heat till well into summer when you can crank the cross back to it a bit.

Back