2010 Impulse Super Heavy set up numbers

LooksLikeFun

I'm going to run my Impulse this weekend and I need to set it up for 405lbs super heavy, what do these Karts like as far as Cross? Running on low bite, dry sandy, dusty 1/8 banked track last race I couldn't see the driver in front of me from all the dust. I'm running Vega Yellows. I'm also mounting a new Select seat on it tomorrow. Thanks for any and all information.

47 nose
58.5 left
scale on 5 & 6 air and that's what I'd run too
.5 lf camber
-2.75 rf
65 cross
9 & 12 caster
1.5" front stagger
1 3/8" rear
focus more on bite than anything. You don't want sticky nor gummy. The surface should just have a really good solid grip feel

Because of banking, depending on how much there is, you might try a little more air and a little less stagger. Of course I'm guessing, using the information from my spreadsheets, but doesn't it seem logical that with more weight on the tires you would need more air? A banked turn, depending on the banking angle, puts a lot more loading on the tires. Try it, you might like it.

One thing I wonder; why nobody knows the turn radius's? I have a 1/8 mile track laid out in my computer and the turn radius is 75 feet. This would be 150 feet measured across the infield. An 1/8 mile track could be designed with an infinite number of turn radius's. It leaves me here sitting and wondering how you could recommend a stagger without knowing the turns?

Another thing I wonder about, what is it that makes these LTO karts require so much caster? Caster, as used in Sprint karts, is there to take the weight off the inside rear tire. If you can't get the weight off the inside rear tire of a Sprint kart, the kart will not turn. I can't imagine why you would want to do that with an LTO dirt kart.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I'm pretty sure everyone has already been over all those questions
if you're talking about the questions in my post, "I'm pretty sure" they haven't.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I never get below 64 cross on the impulse, it seems to do best for me with 66-67, but I run lite and medium mostly, occasionally heavy also. I believe the 65 hotel California reccomended would be better with a heavier driver and kart though

Back