2011 Icon Set-up help

B&S Racing 12

Just bought a 2011 Icon, and I need input on set up for it. I run adult clone and weigh exactly 370lbs when I cross the scales. Thanks!

I'll bet the information you're getting would be even better if you posted the name of the track you're running. Certainly the size of the track, the radius of the turns and the banking, if any, would help people, (those who don't know that track) give out more specific advice on setup.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I'll bet the information you're getting would be even better if you posted the name of the track you're running. Certainly the size of the track, the radius of the turns and the banking, if any, would help people, (those who don't know that track) give out more specific advice on setup.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

x2!!!!

57 to 58 left, 46.5 nose, 63 to 68 cross (more bite more cross), +3/8, -3.25, 7 and 10 castor, LR 1/8 slugs hole down bottom hole, RR zero slugs bottom hole.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com
If you run the LS at 58.8-59 would that make the kart tight? I guess my question is when do I want to run more LS and when do I pull some out? The rest of my numbers are exactly like above

If you run the LS at 58.8-59 would that make the kart tight? I guess my question is when do I want to run more LS and when do I pull some out? The rest of my numbers are exactly like above

You have too much left. Once you get the proper numbers in the kart, the rest is in the tires.

Here's the way I figure out if I need more left:
- I get the kart working well on standard numbers
- If I want to try more I put more on it and try it; if it's faster I leave it. If not I take it back out.

It is' rare that the need for more or less left is obvious on a kart that's reasonably close - you've just got to try it and see what happens.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Here's the way I figure out if I need more left:
- I get the kart working well on standard numbers
- If I want to try more I put more on it and try it; if it's faster I leave it. If not I take it back out.

It is' rare that the need for more or less left is obvious on a kart that's reasonably close - you've just got to try it and see what happens.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com
I wish I had that much track time sometimes, LOL. By the time the track starts to come in close to what we will race on, we are qlying. So in other words my son will not tell a difference in 58 & 58.5..

Back