2011 Seraph, Super Inconsistant

nrail879

Some weeks it's a rocket and we'll be the fastest one on the track and then the next week were horrible and usually when were bad it's cause it's tight, i don't know what to do with it anymore it's frustrating. We run jr2 blue plate on an 1/8 mile with med bite in the track

Have you checked the duro or the amount of internal in the tire when you are tight? Are the tires you use any different or the track any different for the tight conditions?

59 left. 54.5 rear. Rf forward. 7 10 castor. 1/8 lf 1 3/4 rf camber. Center the lf spindle (washers). one washer on bottom of the rf spindle. Rest on top. 1/8 pills moving rr back.

The tires was where I was concerned as well, were in need of a new set or 2, but I have been taking care of the ones we have

Call James@PRC. Your problem may be tires but your setup numbers are not right either. More nose, less left, more rf camber, etc...call James on Monday and he can help you.

Call James@PRC. Your problem may be tires but your setup numbers are not right either. More nose, less left, more rf camber, etc...call James on Monday and he can help you.

That's just the way we run this go kart on these ****ty Wisconsin tracks, if we go down south or quite frankly anywhere out of our state those numbers would be great, but the set up and tire program is on totally different planet compared to what everyone else in the country's on, our tracks are just that bad up here, We've been working a lot with the guys from X-Caliber for the past few years and I won a championship here with the same go kart same set up all I can really think of at this point is it's the tires. It's always been fast this kart finished 4th in the $20,000 batesville race, and got a championship on it, and it still shows that speed like every other week lol

I understand the dirt is different. From the best tracks to the worst you can run the same baseline numbers and work the tires hard. Most times drop cross a little and adjust cambers.

I would say to drop left to where Wynn said for a Jr 2 kart and also increase RF Camber to at least -2.5. You have way too much left and too much of the RF tire on the ground

I would say to drop left to where Wynn said for a Jr 2 kart and also increase RF Camber to at least -2.5. You have way too much left and too much of the RF tire on the ground
The thing is with these low bite awful tracks we run we can't run cross, we use all that left to keep the kart off of the RR

And on top of that with these low bite racetracks I can't run any more RF camber because it'll allow the kart to roll over more putting more weight on the RR, which is exactly what I don't want in this seraph

So, what do you want to hear? LESS RF camber puts more weight on the RR. When the track is biting, more weight is on the RR, and that's why you see some increase their RF camber.

I suspect what you're seeing is this: your setup is pretty far out on the fringes. When everything is perfect it flies and when it's not it stinks. This is very typical for non-standard setups. There are really two options: go to more standard numbers and build a different program to help it all work together or keep on going with what you've got and deal with the kart being really temperamental.

As to the dirt, everyone assumes all the tracks in the southeast are just awesome but it's not true. We have tracks here we run tires punching in the teens and 20s, we've got them that get extremely dry slick, we've got them really small and really big.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

i have a 2011 seraph and yes its super tire sensitive also agree with ltg i suggest go to phantoms website put that setup on kart as a baseline itll be close and adjust to track conditions from there for example if track has bite up left and cross a bit if no bite drop left and cross thats my opinion tires are very complicated stick with one brand of prep u like and stick with it talk to them they will help you get fast dont put 3-4 diff things on a tire and expect it to fly

It's always been fast this kart finished 4th in the $20,000 batesville race, and got a championship on it, and it still shows that speed like every other week lol
every other week? Doesn't sound like tires to me. Have you ever checked the air density?

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back