2012 axiom problems

Puterbaugh02

Racing Penns creek with a 2012 axiom. Bolt on cage. Best equipment money can buy as far as I'm concerned. Ensor animal that's wicked fast. Gearing is dead on. Granted tires weren't quite where they could've been last time I ran but not bad. When I ran it cageless I had entry and exit push and loose in the apex. Called nick from slack and got advised of some changes. I'm at 64 cross, 46 left, 9 and 12 caster, 0 and 1.5 camber and bolted the cage on. Nothing is dragging and I didn't hardly bounce like some cage karts. Now I have a whole car push. Getting pretty frustrated with it. I can't run the car fast through the turns because of the awful push. I'm about ready to sell it. But I know slacks work. So what's your guys' suggestion. Tired of watching the pack race from the rear.

And for those who don't know Penns creek it's got tight fair banked turns, long stretches and a dog leg front stretch into 1 and 2. Again any help is greatly appreciated!!

You should post over in the Slack forum, better chance of getting help.

I assume 46 left is a typo?

Post all your %'s, & tire stagger

Racing Penns creek with a 2012 axiom. Bolt on cage. Best equipment money can buy as far as I'm concerned. Ensor animal that's wicked fast. Gearing is dead on. Granted tires weren't quite where they could've been last time I ran but not bad. When I ran it cageless I had entry and exit push and loose in the apex. Called nick from slack and got advised of some changes. I'm at 64 cross, 46 left, 9 and 12 caster, 0 and 1.5 camber and bolted the cage on. Nothing is dragging and I didn't hardly bounce like some cage karts. Now I have a whole car push. Getting pretty frustrated with it. I can't run the car fast through the turns because of the awful push. I'm about ready to sell it. But I know slacks work. So what's your guys' suggestion. Tired of watching the pack race from the rear.

As Prime mentions 46 % left has to be a typo so I assume it's 56 %, other than that your camber RF at 1.5 rf is way off and your cross at 64 % is way to high.
Is it for the Adult caged class ? again I assume if so.

47% nose
57 % left
57 % cross

2.5 Rf neg camber, .5 Lf pos, stock caster, 1 1/2 " front stagger, 1 1/4 " rear

Inside of RR wheel 1/8 " off cassette hanger, Inside of LR wheel 3/4 " off Cassette.

What gearing combo are you on ? I know Burris but what compound you trying ? what prep are you using ?

13 front driver and between a 64 and 66 rear gear. And tires vary. Always 11s with warm ups then progress to 3s and sometimes soft 55s. And again prep depends. Either elixir yellow crush or the red hard track

13 front driver and between a 64 and 66 rear gear. And tires vary. Always 11s with warm ups then progress to 3s and sometimes soft 55s. And again prep depends. Either elixir yellow crush or the red hard track

Once you get better balance in the chassis and your more competitive, don't be afraid to try a 12 driver, leave the 11's at home so ya don't screw yourself up and try to race them, 33's need to be fresh set cut of course, and an older cured set, Know nothing about that prep but I would think any prep with the word hard in it is for day light high bite so it's NOT aggressive enough for pennscreek, for comparison, Palmettos Soft lite, Ls 2, works great on 33's, the 55's yes will work at times ONLY if there prepped Aggressive enough Internal and wiped real Aggressive outside, Soft Heavy, Ls 4 for comparison.

The numbers I gave you will get you real close, If it's just a tick loose as soon as you enter turn 1 but only there don't worry about it, with the right set-up balance for there the 1 1/2 " rear stagger your running now might be little much, So if it's loose to far in the turn now just lower rear stagger.

Good Luck !!

Thank you. Got some things to try. I knew nothing was way off just a combo of little things. And my brother has a '14 edge that is incredibly quick. So I know we got tires figured out per changing duro numbers a tick or two because of me being heavier. Just can't get the kart figured out. I even went to the point of driving another guys kart to see if it was me and ended up 4th out of 10 after going to the rear twice in the same feature so I assume it's not.

Back