2013 Axiom Extreme Push/Tight

newt14

Hi Everybody

Im hoping you can shed some light on my problem , I am racing in the Stock heavy class kart and driver must weigh 375 I weigh 406 in kart on scales . The problem is as follows when at home track I race at is tacky or heavy my kart is on a rail last race as with all races when tacky we will lap competition with the setup numbers i will post, when the track turns dry and dusty kart will push like a dump truck from entrance through entire corner, I have to lift throttle and turn hard over kart will push through the entire corner to the point where i will be off track , engine temp after 6 laps will be close to 460 and rpm drop in corners is almost 3000 rpm if I do not lift and go easy on throttle I will stiill push off track. When track is tacky 200 rpm drop and very little steering input and I can pick throttle back to full before apex of corner. Here are the setup numbers

Seat Set to 8 3/4 off Axle
Seat Moved Left almost all the way
LF Weight 94.5
RF Weight 92.8
LR Weight 133.8
RR Weight 85

Right Front Camber -2.5
LEft Front Camber +.5
Caster Stock Settings RF 12
Caster Stock Settings LF 8
Left Side 56.2%
Nose 46.1 %
Cross 55.7 %

The Track is small flat tight corners shaped kinda like paperclip , we usally run Burris SS11 , But have 22's and 33's which we have tried with no luck

Any help would be great have fought this problems since new always been great when heavy or tacky tight tight push when dry and dusty

Really need some help

Thanks Guys

Hi Everybody

Im hoping you can shed some light on my problem , I am racing in the Stock heavy class kart and driver must weigh 375 I weigh 406 in kart on scales . The problem is as follows when at home track I race at is tacky or heavy my kart is on a rail last race as with all races when tacky we will lap competition with the setup numbers i will post, when the track turns dry and dusty kart will push like a dump truck from entrance through entire corner, I have to lift throttle and turn hard over kart will push through the entire corner to the point where i will be off track , engine temp after 6 laps will be close to 460 and rpm drop in corners is almost 3000 rpm if I do not lift and go easy on throttle I will stiill push off track. When track is tacky 200 rpm drop and very little steering input and I can pick throttle back to full before apex of corner. Here are the setup numbers

Seat Set to 8 3/4 off Axle
Seat Moved Left almost all the way
LF Weight 94.5
RF Weight 92.8
LR Weight 133.8
RR Weight 85

Right Front Camber -2.5
LEft Front Camber +.5
Caster Stock Settings RF 12
Caster Stock Settings LF 8
Left Side 56.2%
Nose 46.1 %
Cross 55.7 %

The Track is small flat tight corners shaped kinda like paperclip , we usally run Burris SS11 , But have 22's and 33's which we have tried with no luck

Any help would be great have fought this problems since new always been great when heavy or tacky tight tight push when dry and dusty

Really need some help

Thanks Guys

might tweek numbers slightly like 47% nose, 57.5% left, 61% cross, but I'd say Tires are your biggest problem you don't have enough bite but most likely to soft for dry condition, plus dry vs tacky requires more rear stagger.

I agree with promo. Your left and cross are a little too close and is part of the issue because that makes the kart want to push in and of itself but tires, air pressure, and rear stagger are I believe your biggest issues.

Mike McCarty
Chassis Manual
www.kartcalc.com

Back