2017 Recon questions

Wacomike04

I have an extra large seat. Prc messaged a buddy and said to put my left rear strut 4" from inside motor rail. That wont work because my seat is ramming into my body. So i.messaged them, guy/gal responded with 2.5" off that inner motor rail. What is correct?

Also....I have the spec sheet for my kart. What my rear is 84....I have been told that is too high. I race in Owosso, MI at OMP. Its a 1/8 mile medium bank oval, dry and dusty.

My second question is.....

What is a good rear bite, considering the track info, and where would i find this since it is not on the spec sheet?

Problem i was having was my seat was set 3.55" left of being centered over the brake rotor. So my LR was 144. Now it is centered over the brake rotor which will distribute the rear weight onto the RR as well, and not burn up the RR. It was also causing me to max all but one washer on RF and maxing out my cross potential at 63.7% instead of allowing me to go to 69% as PRC states that chassis can do.

Thanks,
Mike

Rear bite isn't a thing in kart racing.
I have the same question 84% rear?
I suggest you get someone to help install the seat, that's one the most important pieces you'll bolt to the chassis.

On the iraceweigh app at the bottom it says Rear Bite: 84. The rest have % next to them, except this one.

Screenshot_20230729_134315_iRaceWeigh.jpg

Extra large seat RR seat strut at 2.5" off motor rail sounds about right, and the cross should be higher.
Heres the wild part. So i got sitting 3.5" to the left and not ceneterd over the rotor right? (Before moving it) All but one washer RF dropped it down, LF all but one washer raise it up. Cross should be insane right? Nope...63.7% maxxed. So I adjust the castor block....RF down.....LF up. Nothing changes.

Problem is 3 laps in (on same EXACT weekly prep program as a buddy) and center out my rear end slides out. I fight like hell to keep it on the track. Top guy runs 70% cross. Year and chassis say 64-69% cross. What else can i do to get to 69% cross?

Keep in mind before saying 69% is too high....he is throwing down 10.2s, 10.7s one race, 10.8s another race.

Thank you for any info

Heres the wild part. So i got sitting 3.5" to the left and not ceneterd over the rotor right? (Before moving it) All but one washer RF dropped it down, LF all but one washer raise it up. Cross should be insane right? Nope...63.7% maxxed. So I adjust the castor block....RF down.....LF up. Nothing changes.

Problem is 3 laps in (on same EXACT weekly prep program as a buddy) and center out my rear end slides out. I fight like hell to keep it on the track. Top guy runs 70% cross. Year and chassis say 64-69% cross. What else can i do to get to 69% cross?

Keep in mind before saying 69% is too high....he is throwing down 10.2s, 10.7s one race, 10.8s another race.

Thank you for any info
Quit basing what you are doing to anyone else.
To many variables.
Both on the same stagger?
Both with the same duro on all 4 corners?
Unless you are looking at the fast guys scales don't believe what he's telling you.
Sounds like you're wanting to run before learning to walk.

Quit basing what you are doing to anyone else.
To many variables.
Both on the same stagger?
Both with the same duro on all 4 corners?
Unless you are looking at the fast guys scales don't believe what he's telling you.
Sounds like you're wanting to run before learning to walk.
Ok so I guess you missed the gist.

Maxxed out RF washers lowering it.....maxxed out LF washers lifting it up. Castor 1 mark below my prc spec sheet.....Seat now centered over the brake rotor....thus sharing the load now from the rr..... 60.1% cross from 63.7%. Washers still maxxed rf and lf.... still 1 mark lower and up from recommended spec sheet. So my cross should be through the roof. Camber is set to spec. Toe is only supposed to be out 1/16 RF....That isnt going to make up 8.9% cross.

Anyone else have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

Maxxed out RF washers lowering it.....maxxed out LF washers lifting it up. Castor 1 mark below my prc spec sheet.....Seat now centered over the brake rotor....thus sharing the load now from the rr..... 60.1% cross from 63.7%. Washers still maxxed rf and lf.... still 1 mark lower and up from recommended spec sheet. So my cross should be through the roof. Camber is set to spec. Toe is only supposed to be out 1/16 RF....That isnt going to make up 8.9% cross.

Thank you.
What is your stagger? How about your adjustable left rear cassette? Tire pressures set correctly when scaling? Scales leveled out? I don't think Jaime missed the gist, just more info needed.

Thank you.
Taking caster out takes grip from the rear tires.
And as asked above is the pills in the rear cassettes in the correct position?

1.25 stagger.

Adjustable rear cassette, no clue it was adjustable. I did install ALL new bearings in the kart before the season.

Pressures set to 5/6 before scaling....dry dusty track 1/8 oval

Digital 4ft level all 4 sides to 0 3 sides....1 side .1 off. But i fix it...other side .1 off. (That isnt going to make up 8.9% cross)

These pills in the rear cassettes? I dont know what that means.

A recon doesn't have pills in the rear cassettes, only intended adjustment is ride height which can be used to put rake in the rear but isn't something that normally gets changed on a recon. Stock settings on the arrows is where you need to start/keep it.

Is this on Burris 33's, Maxxis, or Open tire? Burris, especially on lower air will show lower cross on scales on anything but brand new tires. Either use a new set, or the same set every time and same air even if its slightly more than you might end up racing on to make sure you rule out the variations in tires. 5/6 or 6/7 would be my recommendation to scale on.

Something is off somewhere, be it front end components, seat, or a little of everything in the components that haven't been replaced- spindles, L blocks, axle.

2/2 washers, 2 thick top left, 2 thick bottom right should set the front end. 400 weight you can raise lf to 1 to help as needed.
60 left
45.7-46.0 nose
-2.5-2.75 rf camber
.25 lf camber
1.5 front stagger
1.25 rear stagger (more/less as needed)
7/10 C RF Forward, LF Back
RR hub 4.5" hub face to cassette face
LR hub 4.25" hub face to cassette face
Any of the normal seats (old style chavous, new style chavous, nexgen) 2.5-3.0" left edge of inner rail to edge of seat strut, front centered/offset left .25-.50".
Front seat bar not bound up on the slider plate but tight at the connecting points.

I doubt you'll punch 70 cross if you aren't already close to it, but 65-66 at the above settings should be in the ballpark.

Agree with Cole above that something isnt right, wore out parts, bent spindle, something. And what type seat and where its mounted can make huge differences.

A recon doesn't have pills in the rear cassettes, only intended adjustment is ride height which can be used to put rake in the rear but isn't something that normally gets changed on a recon. Stock settings on the arrows is where you need to start/keep it.

Is this on Burris 33's, Maxxis, or Open tire? Burris, especially on lower air will show lower cross on scales on anything but brand new tires. Either use a new set, or the same set every time and same air even if its slightly more than you might end up racing on to make sure you rule out the variations in tires. 5/6 or 6/7 would be my recommendation to scale on.

Something is off somewhere, be it front end components, seat, or a little of everything in the components that haven't been replaced- spindles, L blocks, axle.

2/2 washers, 2 thick top left, 2 thick bottom right should set the front end. 400 weight you can raise lf to 1 to help as needed.
60 left
45.7-46.0 nose
-2.5-2.75 rf camber
.25 lf camber
1.5 front stagger
Any of the normal seats (old style chavous, new style chavous, nexgen) 2.5-3.0" left edge of inner rail to edge of seat strut, front centered/offset left .25-.50".
Front seat bar not bound up on the slider plate but tight at the connecting points.

I doubt you'll punch 70 cross if you aren't already close to it, but 65-66 at the above settings should be in the ballpark.
Thank you very much. I appreciate all the info. I am taking it to a buddies house tomorrow to get worked over. I will be tooling and taking extensive notes. I was trying not to bother him during his family time, since he is away all week for work all the time.

60 left
45.7-46.0 nose
-2.5-2.75 rf camber
.25 lf camber
1.5 front stagger

All done. Now I have to scale it. We shall see.

Attachments

• received_137163572772114.jpeg
    received_137163572772114.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 34
  • received_870627877739705.jpeg
    received_870627877739705.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 35
  • received_257341070482461.jpeg
    received_257341070482461.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 35
More pictures

Attachments

• received_308289018237858.jpeg
    received_308289018237858.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
  • received_286533580734931.jpeg
    received_286533580734931.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 28
  • received_1344115789866772.jpeg
    received_1344115789866772.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 28
That RR was 1/4 off your recommendation
LR was 1/4 off your recommendation
RF was on back hole and half mark off....fixed
LF wason front hole but on 7....fixed
Seat was 1 15/16 off motor bar....fixed to 2.5"
Seat was 10.25" from axle....now 9 1/16"
Seat front is now off center .5"
Sear is 15/16" from bar and not .5" cause its bottomed out forward.

Now I will scale it and post pictures of the scale readings

Back