2019 rules on weights

All I'll say is that my first take on the whole deal was that all weights would be bolted and tethered to the kart, with jam nuts being required and cotter keys or safety wire being optional, though recommended.

Then I got to thinking about tethering weights and what a mess that could turn out to be. Figured it was NKA's business and none of mine.
Over the last few years I've tried to contact them several times for various things, always get the machine promising to return my calls, which were never returned- figured out pretty quick where I stood. :)

Personally I think they should be more concerned about the size washer used when putting stacks of 20+ lbs to one 3/8 bolt in multiple locations on the seat. If it is 5lbs or 25lbs and mounted using the proper bolt, size washers, double nutted and pinned it is not going anywhere. JMO!

I always get positive comments while going thru tech inspections about the neatness of my weight mounting :D

Personally I think they should be more concerned about the size washer used when putting stacks of 20+ lbs to one 3/8 bolt in multiple locations on the seat. If it is 5lbs or 25lbs and mounted using the proper bolt, size washers, double nutted and pinned it is not going anywhere. JMO!

I always get positive comments while going thru tech inspections about the neatness of my weight mounting :D

I called nka. They said only double nuts are required.

Back