2022 Slack pursuit help

Hey all just purchased a 2022 Slack pursuit racing on a vega tire rule track with no prep allowed. Kart seem ok but we get beat in corners alot, other karts are much faster through the corners. Driver is young and learning but runs a pretty good line, ha4d for him to tell me if kart is tight, loose, etc. Just curious if these numbers are fairly close to what others would run.47.7 nose, 56.8 left, 64.3 cross. -2.5 rf camber, +.5 lf camber. Caster is 10/12. 1 1/4 rear stagger, 1 1/2 front

Vegas tire rule and No prep? Eeek. That’s odd. Vegas with out prep are tough.

What class are you running. We just bought two 22’ Pursuits and been working on the setups.

Hey all just purchased a 2022 Slack pursuit racing on a vega tire rule track with no prep allowed. Kart seem ok but we get beat in corners alot, other karts are much faster through the corners. Driver is young and learning but runs a pretty good line, ha4d for him to tell me if kart is tight, loose, etc. Just curious if these numbers are fairly close to what others would run.47.7 nose, 56.8 left, 64.3 cross. -2.5 rf camber, +.5 lf camber. Caster is 10/12. 1 1/4 rear stagger, 1 1/2 front
To answer your question Yes you are close to the factory recommended numbers.

Are you running the RF spacer block?
What position are your two caster blocks in? Forward or Back?

What class and weight are you racing in ? Smaller tight cornered track ? or bigger more sweeping corner ?

To answer your question Yes you are close to the factory recommended numbers.

Are you running the RF spacer block?
What position are your two caster blocks in? Forward or Back?
I figured it was
What class and weight are you racing in ? Smaller tight cornered track ? or bigger more sweeping corner ?
Purple plate clone, weight is 250 but we are 300 because my driver is a little big. I setup kart to factory settings but im not experienced enough to know exactly how to make the right changes. I mean when u scale a kart close to factory settings sometimes the kart seems great but when we are struggling we are constantly thinking we need to change things. How does a experienced wrench go about making changes at the track when kart isnt doing well?? Just change air pressures, stagger, etc or does one add lower cross, camber, caster???

I figured it was

Purple plate clone, weight is 250 but we are 300 because my driver is a little big. I setup kart to factory settings but im not experienced enough to know exactly how to make the right changes. I mean when u scale a kart close to factory settings sometimes the kart seems great but when we are struggling we are constantly thinking we need to change things. How does a experienced wrench go about making changes at the track when kart isnt doing well?? Just change air pressures, stagger, etc or does one add lower cross, camber, caster???
First they make sure the problems are not lack of seat time and tires

Based on the info you've given. I'd make sure RF spacer block is not in, I'd put RF in rear hole, I'd adjust caster to 7 & 10, I'd increase rear stagger at least 1/8 " , I'd lower nose slightly, I'd increase left slightly, Don't accept there is no prepping going on just because it's the rule, gearing can affect corner speed as well if to far off, sounds like you have some growing pains of seat time to deal with.
Good Luck !!

Tires cut or just stickers?
First they make sure the problems are not lack of seat time and tires
Well he is definetely not a proessional but he is pretty smoothe driver and has been driving for a few years. Not gonna say he doesnt need improvement but he drives pretty good.
Vegas tire rule and No prep? Eeek. That’s odd. Vegas with out prep are tough.

What class are you running. We just bought two 22’ Pursuits and been working on the setups.
Purple plate clone

Based on the info you've given. I'd make sure RF spacer block is not in, I'd put RF in rear hole, I'd adjust caster to 7 & 10, I'd increase rear stagger at least 1/8 " , I'd lower nose slightly, I'd increase left slightly, Don't accept there is no prepping going on just because it's the rule, gearing can affect corner speed as well if to far off, sounds like you have some growing pains of seat time to deal with.
Good Luck !!
Thats another question ijjave about gearing, my engine builder says keep engine between 5800-6000 but it seemed yesterday people would drive right by us. We went up in rear and we got slower, is lower drive gear but same gear ratio give u more pull out of corner or is a gear ratio a gear ratio?? Ive heard both stories but what is the truth?? Lol.. is 60 pounds heavy in a class just flat out giving up too much weight and shouldnt even try or mayb go up to blue plate where we would b at even weight with competition but competition is tougher. Not scared to race but dont want to put him somewhere he isnt ready for. But if 60 pounds heavy is killing him to a point where he doesnt have a chance whats the point of trying

Thats another question ijjave about gearing, my engine builder says keep engine between 5800-6000 but it seemed yesterday people would drive right by us. We went up in rear and we got slower, is lower drive gear but same gear ratio give u more pull out of corner or is a gear ratio a gear ratio?? Ive heard both stories but what is the truth?? Lol.. is 60 pounds heavy in a class just flat out giving up too much weight and shouldnt even try or mayb go up to blue plate where we would b at even weight with competition but competition is tougher. Not scared to race but dont want to put him somewhere he isnt ready for. But if 60 pounds heavy is killing him to a point where he doesnt have a chance whats the point of trying
if your 60lbs over everyone else I don't see you being competitive

Back