206 gearing and tires at Rock Island

Anyone try the FH Blue tire? How are the blues? Would they work at rock island? Already have some blues just haven't ran them yet.

The blue per vega are 53 hardness. Those are 5 inch. We have always run 6 inch and the yellow Vegas in 6 inch are 49 hardness per vega. Doesn't seem far apart (49 to 53) yet the blues are labeled as medium/hard and the yellows as soft? Guess I don't get it? 49 to 53 isn't much of a change is it?

I know a few people ran the Blue Vega last year. I know the winner of the 206 was on white vega and bridgestones was the other

The same guy won all the 206 classes last year (except for the Margay Ignite class which has a spec tire). How was one on White Vegas and the other on Bridgestones? Not to mention, I think he had Hoosiers on his 4 cycle kart. There is one truth to the statement above, however, and that is the fact that a few people did run Vega Blues. I know Connor Lund did and ran pretty well, but I have not heard if he liked them or not. I will most likely be on Hoosiers again this year.

I assume they have some fairly serious tech post race?

And is this track a FLAT FOOT hammer down track if set up right or should we expect the need to lift prior to corner entry?

The major difference between the two is the fact one is 6" and the other is 5". 5" naturally have more grip. You want a medium compound tire in 5" not anything softer.

Have never ran 5 inch. But we are going to try it on at least one of our karts. Kinda cost prohibitive for all of us to go to 5 inch. Idk for sure but figuring circumference is basically the same yes? Just different sidewall heights?

Fatboy1dh I apologize it was the Clone class that he won. He got 2nd in the 206 2 of 3 classes. So I guess that part is true. Sorry if it was misleading. BEst of luck too ya!

Back