212 sleeper build

WetWilly

I'm looking into getting into karting, most likely under the RWYB class or wtv because they have no rules. I want to make a sleeper predator 212. As in it appears stock on the outside but inside it's insane. For example, ported head, and polished intake, but I want to possibly keep the stock carb and airbox to add to the "stock" look. I'm wondering if that's a good idea. I would jet it out and get as much out of it as possible, but I'd like to know if that's just not gonna work. Also, I'd like to know what are the restrictions (if any) for the rwyb class engine-wise.
I'm planning on a billet rod, flywheel, and piston head if I can find one, ported head and polished intake, jetted carb but still stock, and whatever the most aggressive cam is that I can find. I run 25lb+ (preferably 30ish if possible) double valve springs and might even run Methenon if that is possible on the stock carb. If not, then I'll find one. It's gonna be a beast... Might even find a way to put nitrous...
Also on a completely different note, would a Predator 420cc be a worthy candidate for a sleeper build as well? If so I already know what I'm gonna do...

Carb won't work, polish the exhaust not the intake and the 420 would have loads more power then a 212, nitrous would be very easy

Gave up on the turbo or SC thread?

Carb won't work, polish the exhaust not the intake and the 420 would have loads more power then a 212, nitrous would be very easy

Gave up on the turbo or SC thread?
Nope, that's more of a separate just ro see if the supercharger actually does anything or not. Sleeper 212 is cooler, but sleeper 420 or 670... now that's something I could work with😈

If you bring a sleeper 212 to a rwyb race you will more than likely be the official pace car. On another note you are liable to place in the top 5 or 3 if you finish the race tho

You might be barking up the wrong tree with engine depending on the track. What's the track layout and surface like? Is there much of a difference in times between the stock and unlimited classes.

That said, it's fun to build stuff. I'd skip pressurized intake and add oxygen into the combustion chamber. Then you don't have to worry about parasitic losses or managing lag (if turbo). For fun you could run nitromethanol as a fuel (Vs building a wet or dry system) with an appropriately sized carb and fuel system. Adjust compression, ignition timing and and nitro % as needed. Even if you get your ass handed to you, it'll smell great.

Stock airbox is a big choke point, no matter how big of a carb you put behind it. It's the first thing to go in the trash because it hold back even the stock engine.

Back