25hp 212?

chocoolives

Can someone give me links to the parts i need to move from 6.5 to around 25?

Can i use the 32lb valve springs from the larger engines on the 212?

Thanks?

Wow , That's not easy, reliable , or cheap to do . A 25hp+ Predator is rare on my dyno . Although I have seen 31HP by Barry Young .

No need for nitrous. You will need at least a 2.81 bore, preferably a stroker crank and rod, forged piston, custom welded chamber head with some really good port work and at least 32/27 valves, a good .930 or bigger pipe, air filter adapter, tillotson or a very good gx390 carb, good cam with .400+ lift, roller rockers, block bracing/girdle, flywheel, all of that at the very least....and be prepared to spend over $1000. Flow is going to be a key to achieving 25+hp, so a well built head is going to be very important along with a carb capable of matching the head. I dont know many people who realistically are getting 25+hp out of these engines, most that think they are doing it are most likely being fed false or exaggerated dyno sheets from their builders/friends. Seems like alot of people think you can just throw some big valves, a little port work, big ol carb and a big ol piston in one of these engines and achieve those numbers when realistically it takes a well thought out and well built combo to even get close. I have seen several builds listed on here and advertised as 25-30+ that just made me laugh a little because people actually believed they were making those numbers, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it. Having one make that kind of power, and at the same time be somewhat reliable is a rare thing.

Havoc Racing has recently came out with some very nice domed pistons for the Honda/clone/predator engines that will make a nice piece for any serious builder, and would make achieving those kind of numbers a little easier on the wallet with the prices of those pistons being around half the price of similar pistons out there. I cant wait to get one myself for the open animal i have

Hey man my name is corey douglas the dirt track racing go karts have become a big thing around the house i went and got a kart and went out to race and go slaughtered and i was wondering how to go about building my motor i dont know where to start i have a new predator 212 hemi could you maybe give me some ideas or help thanks

Hey man my name is corey douglas the dirt track racing go karts have become a big thing around the house i went and got a kart and went out to race and go slaughtered and i was wondering how to go about building my motor i dont know where to start i have a new predator 212 hemi could you maybe give me some ideas or help thanks

One run and got slaughtered and the ONLY thing your questioning is motor ? Save yourself a PILE of money and look at the whole picture and accept the results.

One run and got slaughtered and the ONLY thing your questioning is motor ? Save yourself a PILE of money and look at the whole picture and accept the results.
I have to agree, if racing was as easy as it is made to appear everyone would get first place every time they race. Buy a kart and go to your first race get slaughtered that is the way it should happen.

Or he could simply be running a bone stock predator against built/blueprinted predators, which would also explain why he got slaughtered. If the equipment is right, you don't have to be stuck in the back of the pack your first time ever in a kart. I finished 3rd the first race I ever ran in a kart, but I know I had good equipment like everyone else

I agree with "racing Promo" an "Kart43 .Getting beat bad the first time out is normal . That's what separates the Men from the Boy's . The men keep on trucken an making improvements . Look at the entire package , Including tires

It's all about the fun Baby! It's all about the rush. Sure, the competition is part of that, the a&%whoopins are part of that too. Have fun with them both.

I agree with "racing Promo" an "Kart43 .Getting beat bad the first time out is normal . That's what separates the Men from the Boy's . The men keep on trucken an making improvements . Look at the entire package , Including tires
I've seen it so many times, it's just a go kart, how hard can it be!! I've got the money, I can afford the very best, and I'll be winning first place trophies real soon, maybe sooner.

Almost everybody who stays with it, through the good times and the bad, eventually gets good, and money helps, but that's not all there is to it.

I'm lost

my first race , all i could scream at the top of my lungs is........someones gotta come in last.........someones gotta come in last ........ in every lap a ran for the entire race !! and yep i was running last LOL...... no shame in it at all . your just getting started . running up front will come in due time .....

I have beat many open motors with my stock akra clone. I would start with making sure your setup is correct. Then learn some about tires. Then that will show your driving mistakes. All of this before throwing more HP at it.

Back