3.1 rocker to 1.1

I believe you mean 1.3 and 1.1...there is no such thing as 3.1 rockers. 1.3 rockers will be shorter than 1:1 rockers if you compare the 2 side by side, noticeably shorter on the pushrod side

Correct 1.3 any thoughts on switching the rockers on intake and exaust? I have a 1 1/4 easy for top end trying to get some restriction in east for low end torque.

I've had a 1 1/4 exaust on one kart and it broke one race had to borrow another exaust which was 5/8 I D so much faster out the hole so restriction caused to be faster out of hole (more torque)

I've had a 1 1/4 exaust on one kart and it broke one race had to borrow another exaust which was 5/8 I D so much faster out the hole so restriction caused to be faster out of hole (more torque)

The reason you had more torque with the smaller pipe was not because of restriction...id be willing to bet that the bigger pipe was not right for your engine setup in the first place. We use exhaust pipe diameter and length to fine tune each engines torque curve. Certain cam, spring, carb, and ignition combinations work best with certain length and diameter pipes.

Certain cam, spring, carb, and ignition combinations work best with certain length and diameter pipes.

And how much time & money will a person have to spend in the quest to find that perfect combination?? Without examples, or even just some theory's,, it's hard to understand how this works.

The reason you had more torque with the smaller pipe was not because of restriction...id be willing to bet that the bigger pipe was not right for your engine setup in the first place. We use exhaust pipe diameter and length to fine tune each engines torque curve. Certain cam, spring, carb, and ignition combinations work best with certain length and diameter pipes.

Looks like someone needs to google cam over lap and header scavenging.

And how much time & money will a person have to spend in the quest to find that perfect combination?? Without examples, or even just some theory's,, it's hard to understand how this works.

Thats why builders spend time on dyno's Al...finding those combinations that work best

Back