33 or 55 burris

cubfrank

is there a side wall diff in they two or not and if i roll a set of 55 to soften them will it take side wall stiffness out of the 55

I was getting ready to type the same thing Yes and Yes, get the 55 prepped down enough to match conditions the 55 will be faster.

Maybe I'm missing something, guys. Why would you want to soften the sidewalls of a 55? The whole advantage of jumping onto 55's from 33's is the roll speed in the higher spring rate of the 55's. Soften the contact patch only on the 55's down to where you need to be for the track and you will retain most (if not all) of the spring rate in the 55's.

Just my thinking. :)

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thats what I want is the high spring rate bit soft tread how is a good way to do it any way to soften 55and keep side the same

is there a side wall diff in they two or not and if i roll a set of 55 to soften them will it take side wall stiffness out of the 55

Yes and Yes

Just going by what was asked and responded...which is why I am confused.
rp, How are you rolling them that you are taking some sidewall stiffness out? Internally? I would only answer "yes" to the second part of his question if you got softening prep up on the shoulder and sidewalls of the tire. That's NOT the way I would want to roll a 55. Like I said, the whole advantage is keeping the stiffer spring rate of the 55 and just prepping the contact patch down.

Don't roll softener prep internally if you don't want to change the spring rate on the 55s. Light conditioning internally might be fine, but get the contact patch down to the desired duro from outside wipes. This way you are not changing the sidewall or shoulder rubber hardness and spring rate.

First he asked if there was a difference in the spring rate (sidewall) of a 33 and and a 55 (as he has writen in his title I should say) and the answer is yes as to what I put... Next he asked if he rolled them to basically soften up if it would change the spring rate... And as I took his question I answered yes as it would like you said... Your right with your answers Brian but if you reread what he put you will see again why we answered yes to both of his questions.
Tom Dawson

Thats what I want is the high spring rate bit soft tread how is a good way to do it any way to soften 55and keep side the same

Roll very little inside if any, and roll outside down to where you want them just make sure tire tread patch is the only part in the prep. The more you add inside or the deeper the tire is in the prep outside the more it gets to the sidewall.

Back