33 vs 22 tires

Very seldom can you get on 22s with luck, also depends, are you talking they are both really soft or really hard, most of the time the 33s will work better

The 22 would work better over the 33 when more grip is needed. Now saying that... not always. The 22's are trickey. its more for a muddy racetrack when you need tons of sidebite.

Chop Cutz
Porkchop
(812)-447-3306

They might punch harder on the surface, but open them up and heat cycle them and they just might drop down a bunch. They've probably had goat or another similar chemical in them to prep them down for a wet track and have since hardened up. Refinish them and get some prep back in them and they'll be usable again. I wouldn't even try them on a typical 33 type track. Even though the duro on the tread of the tire is hard, check what it is on the sidewalls. I'd be interested in hearing how the sidewalls compare on your durometer. 22's are generally a bit softer in spring rate than 33s (that's why they give you more sidebite on sloppy / no bite tracks.) Personally, we don't even own a set of 22's any more. We've got 33's prepped down, and we've got 11's for when the occasion calls for them. You can make your 22s usable again, I just have a feeling that they would be better suited as a goat set for the wet.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Id have to agree with Brian, when the track is bad enough for 22's, the guy who can get prepped down 33's to work will be faster 9 times out of 10. There is a time and place for 22's, the window of opportunity just isnt very big. I would refinish them, roll them with a good conditioner, then wipe the outside with a few coats of something for bite, and put them thru a heat cycle and check to see where they are. They could be good tires for a rainy day.

Back