?

Maybe someone who has delt with it will chime in here. It's my understanding that they are pulling the right rear back or bolting the RF spindle plate in forward holes. I think this is supposed to help the kart turn and rotate like swivel in the middle stear on some equipment. It makes wonder; looking at tire slip angles and 4 wheel steer cars if the other way wouldn't help on a high horsepower kart.(driving the rear back to the inside)

Lead is a term for the front end, moving the L block/Spindle forward or back. most karts ship in the factory position which is forward
For the rear moving either tire foward or back is changing the offset in the kart or the Yaw of the kart

Lead is a term for the front end, moving the L block/Spindle forward or back. most karts ship in the factory position which is forward
For the rear moving either tire foward or back is changing the offset in the kart or the Yaw of the kart
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought but, wasn't sure. So moving the L block forward would be for large tracks and vise versa on tight tracks?

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought but, wasn't sure. So moving the L block forward would be for large tracks and vise versa on tight tracks?

Yes, when you move the RF back, it causes the RF to load quicker, but it also allows to unload quicker, this works on tight high bite tracks or syrup/rosin tracks, but for any track above an 1/8 mile I'd run it forward(lead) as opposed to back(Lag)

I would not look at it like that, different setting for big track vs smaller track, I would look at it more like a fine tuning tool once your real close and just lacking rotation or vise versa, Example once your on your game pretty good you might find your kart has exceptional speed down the straight but lacking little corner speed then I would consider adding some lead, or if opposite you have great corner speed but lacking straight and you know your gearing and tires are correct then consider pulling some lead.

Moving the rear axle forward or back isnt lead or lag, its adjusting the offset/ Yaw of the kart, it changes how the back tires track to the front tires, adjusting the rear is a fine adjustment, moving the fronts is a huge adjustment

Thanks XXX#40 for your info and clarification. I took an uneducated stab at it hoping someone who knows would see the post. Msquiers: name the thread more discriptively next time; although the mystery of "?" May lead everybody to look anyway.

Thanks XXX#40 for your info and clarification. I took an uneducated stab at it hoping someone who knows would see the post. Msquiers: name the thread more discriptively next time; although the mystery of "?" May lead everybody to look anyway.
That's the reason I used the ?, so more people would look! LOL

That's the reason I used the ?, so more people would look! LOL

Yeah It worked on me but then I worried that someone who is an expert in that area wouldn't see it..
I wanted to holler at my cell phone "hey chasis experts little help here" Lol..

Back