5* vs 15* motor mount

I, as well as many others have used 15* motor mounts on Animals, limited Mod Animals, Super stocks ans LO 206 engines and never had an issue!

I used one for almost 2 seasons for Animal Jr Gold NO issues same motor same track, then one night started cutting out in turns motor builder fought it for a month, another racer was there pointed out he had same issue switched it off the 15* went out and won the feature and NEVER did it again, since then I've seen it with 3 others over the years. I know another guy with Jr class same deal fought it for half a season ended up being the type air filter he was using.

rp
If it works for you that's great.
All i do is Briggs engines, no clones or 2 cycles, maybe i've just been lucky.:)
WF
Having the motor low is often the right thing to do but there are many situations when you either must use a 15 degree mount for tire clearance or having the motor higher helps slightly to raise the center of gravity to get better side bite.

I'm just saying that for either of these one size does not fit all. Different strokes for different folks.

rp
If it works for you that's great.
All i do is Briggs engines, no clones or 2 cycles, maybe i've just been lucky.:)
WF
Having the motor low is often the right thing to do but there are many situations when you either must use a 15 degree mount for tire clearance or having the motor higher helps slightly to raise the center of gravity to get better side bite.

I'm just saying that for either of these one size does not fit all. Different strokes for different folks.

That's Great because I'm a motor moron.
on a second note trying to help out another racer going to race an LO 206 Sr on a huge asphalt track .87 mile real long straights but tight turns, If you would be so kind for some advise, Thanks in advance
Questions 1 try to hit the rev limiter ? or NO.
Rich or Lean on c clip ?

It's always hard (if not impossible) to give advise on the rev limiter since there is no single answer. What works best on one track doesn't work on another track. It comes down to trial and error. Don't be afraid to hit the rev limiter well before the end of the straight. It will undoubtedly be the fastest way through the infield and may not hurt you on the straight.
You will want to be toward the rich end of the needle.

Back