520 chain

Just getting my feet wet, cam and other add-ons will be in the future. Not a lot of mods for them but once I get the kart built and on the track I will see where I stand on power. I might go up to the 500 as it don't weigh much more and has almost double the power. Thanks Kevin

Hotcams used to make cams for the ninja 250 engines so you might check to see if they still do, a stage2 cam should be good enough of an upgrade, along with springs. You can have the head milled also

I didn't that ALL 520 chain is O-ring. Just meaning that, for the most part, a good majority of 520 chain is going to be O-ring unless you specifically ask for non O-ring. Curiosity got me though, why would you run non O-ring over a quality O-ring chain?

O rings rob power and are absolutely not needed anywhere but off road.

Lol. Come up here. We race off road sometimes. Lol. Our dirt is much different than down south. I just never actually thought of anything other than O-ring just for maintenance simplicity. But I might try a chunk of non

I do make 520 and 428 sprockets and hubs. My sprockets are made of 7075 aluminum. I will help out anyone I can. We are currently working on a few other projects as well. My FB page is Outlaw Karts Unlimited.

On a 250 ninja I would try to get a 428 driver and use 428 sprockets. The 428 chain is a lot lighter.

Brandon Hetrick

Do I need to switch to the 520 gears that is currently on the transmission or switch the transmission to the 35 chain and sprokets. If I do go with the 520 gear what would be close to start with. The bike has a six speed transmission and is a 250 4 stroke. I have not had much luck finding any suppliers for the 520 chain stuff.
520 chain is a speed killer. Use standard chain, gears, and keep a watch on their condition as you run them.

Back