79cc Predator help

Prorookie34

Need help finding a red restrictor plate and a throttle setup for a 79cc predator.

Are the plates the same for the 212cc and 79cc?

How do people hook the throttle cables up? Much different than a clone or 212.

Also any ideas for a 5/8" centrifugal clutch or go with a max torqu, her first year?

Thanks in advance!

I had no idea they made restrictor plates for those tiny engines. I would ask the governing body that requires them where to get one.

Max torque . Drill a hole in the throttle arm , run cable in with a cable stop . Mount cable hosing too the shroud or whatever is convenient. Add return spring if needed .

Need help finding a red restrictor plate and a throttle setup for a 79cc predator.

Are the plates the same for the 212cc and 79cc?
Plates are the same but must be drilled at a specific spot to accommodate the smaller stud spacing. The plate still mounts the same as on a clone.

I had no idea they made restrictor plates for those tiny engines. I would ask the governing body that requires them where to get one.
I didnt either. This class has a restricted 79cc and a gear rule, seems crazy, but we will see.

Thanks again for everyone's advice/ comment

I wouldn't know. I didn't put my kid in a kart til he was 8. So we skipped that class.

My daughter is 7, and figured she would have to have a kid kart, but Palmyra allows full size karts with a 79cc. I don't think we would be able to afford her racing with a Comer. I've begged this little girl to race for years and it's been a quick "no" until this year...now we have about everything and there is still a chance, she is a one and done driver. Fingers crossed.

And Hey its still faster than the electric juice box lol

We plan to use the largest roll out tires they make to help with her top speed. (Any slick)

My daughter is 7, and figured she would have to have a kid kart, but Palmyra allows full size karts with a 79cc. I don't think we would be able to afford her racing with a Comer. I've begged this little girl to race for years and it's been a quick "no" until this year...now we have about everything and there is still a chance, she is a one and done driver. Fingers crossed.

We plan to use the largest roll out tires they make to help with her top speed. (Any slick)
If she doesn't do racing, ask her to pick something she likes, and just you and her spend time alone together doing it.

I am just wondering at age 7 she would qualify for jr1 or Jr sportsman. Is it that you want her to be in a slower class starting out?

If she doesn't do racing, ask her to pick something she likes, and just you and her spend time alone together doing it.
My 10 year old son/driver plays baseball, which I've never really been into, like racing. My daughter plays soccer which makes more sense, so I usually go with/ practice with her and my wife goes with the boy. I drag everyone a long for racing, my wife knew way before we got married, this was the life she was living lol
Appreciate your advice. I try really hard to keep myself in check and make sure it's them who love it and not just me pushing them.

My boy wants to race "napcar", F1 or with the Outlaws, and that's the mindset we plan to keep until we can't anymore.

I am just wondering at age 7 she would qualify for jr1 or Jr sportsman. Is it that you want her to be in a slower class starting out?
I didn't want to buy a clone, kid kart or sportsman and her not like it. The predator is much cheaper, we have chassis’s and they are easier for me to work on/maintain. Not worried about speed really. Palmyra happen to fit what we had the most of.

My 10 year old son/driver plays baseball, which I've never really been into, like racing. My daughter plays soccer which makes more sense, so I usually go with/ practice with her and my wife goes with the boy. I drag everyone a long for racing, my wife knew way before we got married, this was the life she was living lol
Appreciate your advice. I try really hard to keep myself in check and make sure it's them who love it and not just me pushing them.

My boy wants to race "napcar", F1 or with the Outlaws, and that's the mindset we plan to keep until we can't anymore.
My daughter never liked racing, I got consumed until it was brought to my attention.
She liked golf 😠 😡 😤 God I suck, but boy I love it, something we all done together and loved every minute

Any sprocket that will fit on a 3/4" clutch will fit on a 5/8" clutch plus you can go as low as 10 tooth #35 chain with a bushing while you cannot on the 3/4" which is steel on steel but it will not hurt the crank since very few people race in neutral which is the only time the 10 tooth is rotating on the shaft. The green spring would be best which is a 2,500 engagement.

Any sprocket that will fit on a 3/4" clutch will fit on a 5/8" clutch plus you can go as low as 10 tooth #35 chain with a bushing while you cannot on the 3/4" which is steel on steel but it will not hurt the crank since very few people race in neutral which is the only time the 10 tooth is rotating on the shaft. The green spring would be best which is a 2,500 engagement.
I had no idea max torque clutches were adjustable like my Hilliards until your comment. Thank you. This only our 2nd full year and first on a max torque.

Back