8 degree vs 15 degree motor mount

No. I think the only reason for the 15 is for people still running flatheads so you have clearance between tank and right rear. The clones and animals will work on either mount.

If you go from an 8* mount too a 15* you 'can' run more oil for better cooling, however....if you go from a 15* to an 8*, watch for breather activity from 'too-much' oil. JMO

I run the 15* mount on both my karts and I can keep about 19oz in the motor, and it's crucial. Our sprint track has a series of sweeping RH turns that =270* which pins the oil up against the side cover for several seconds. After several seizures and broken rods that occurred in approx. the same area of the track past this section it became obvious what the problem was. Running more ounces and better oils with good zinc content has improved things greatly.

I run the 15* mount on both my karts and I can keep about 19oz in the motor, and it's crucial. Our sprint track has a series of sweeping RH turns that =270* which pins the oil up against the side cover for several seconds. After several seizures and broken rods that occurred in approx. the same area of the track past this section it became obvious what the problem was. Running more ounces and better oils with good zinc content has improved things greatly.
pm ur e/m address and I will show you what I do in that case.

Screamin,
For me personally, its a moot point as I'm running a 420cc predator now, on a 20* mount I can keep a whopping 1-1/2 quarts of oil in it:)
But I do have a 2nd kart "the track slvt" that is still small block.

Had the same problem with the Tecumseh Star motors. The side covers were deep enough to hold the oil, starving the dipper area. We had to put a diaper plate in the side cover to keep the oil were it belonged. The steeper the angle of the motor, the less oil in the dipper location.

Back